Peter's Oldschool Practical Daily SW20 Saga

V8Pete

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a serious general query Pete, are you dealing directly with compliance yourself, or is it all included in the overall cost of bidding/purchasing/shipping?

If so which company(s) did you go through in the end? PM me if you'd rather not divulge publically.

I quite enjoy the contrast between the outside of the car (swooshy lines, and quite frankly beautiful appearance) 

Compared to the strut towers in the engine bay (Which look like a high school metal work project)

It obviously does the job etc, but just not quite what I was expecting to see! 
  • Like 9

Time for a fezz Ed?

Haha, I wish!

No, I'm just sick of dealing with compliance directly and having no recourse for anything that might go wrong (it's happened every single time I've imported a car into NZ by myself) - mildly keen to offload my next planned purchase to a RMVT, dealer/agent, or someone that has CGA or warranty liablilty.

Just a serious general query Pete, are you dealing directly with compliance yourself, or is it all included in the overall cost of bidding/purchasing/shipping?

If so which company(s) did you go through in the end? PM me if you'd rather not divulge publically.

Yeah, just taking all the risk and dealing with it myself. Complied two renaults at VINZ Mt Wellington. One went through without any issues, the other needed a fog light. Vantage and 348 went through Penrose Compliance. Vantage needed a headlight and 348 needed a repair inspection (to say it hadn't been repaired) and door release cable. Both compliance places seem alright but VINZ seemed to take longer. Penrose Compliance is pretty much a same day service except for the cars both failing. Haha.
  • Like 1

Cheers Peet!

It sure sounds like modern/exotic cars fly through compliance. Mind you I've only brought in rusty Japanese shitters so far, therefore my results are somewhat skewed.

Actually looking at a modern thing to import next so we'll have to see...