Peter's Oldschool Practical Daily SW20 Saga

V8Pete

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite hard to get in and out of as there's ~350mm of sill and handbrake before you get to the seat. Feels really strange sitting so far in from the edge of the car too.

mlqqdtbz.0ms.jpg

'80s digital HVAC. Eek. Gross wireless, but at least I won't feel bad about ripping out a genuine one and it has a flap to cover it up.

2vssx52t.25r.jpg

Glovebox strut needs regassing. #ferrariproblems

Also there's a JDM flare in the glovebox.

d11pamf1.0de.jpg

• Like 4

The wheels sit so far in from the edge of the guards. The general consensus is 25mm spacers for the rear for handling or 25mm rear and 15mm front for looks. Just need to find some with the Clint seal of approval. Also, that black hole at the back of the rear window is the air intake.

p3myk1lj.jt2.jpg

tr0tpcav.wvw.jpg

• Like 4

The Aston Martin dealer signed me up to a mailing list when I bought a headlight off them. They spam me with luxury driving tour things that are probably lush, but they're $15-20,000 for five days!

http://www.astonmartin.com/events/elegant-journeys

The best value and most appealing one is a three night ice driving thing in NZ for a relative steal at $8995.

http://www.astonmartin.com/events#event=New+Zealand+On+Ice+2016

Does anyone know of other ways to get to drive on a snow/ice proving ground thing? Ideally for about a tenth of the price of the AM one? Haha.

• Like 1

I honestly can't believe how lush those seats (and whole interior really...but mostly the seats ) look.. I mean, it's an old car so surely they have been recovered? So god damn nice.

It's hardly the kind of car that would have had some slob daily drive it though, is it? Think about how many owners would have actually cared for it instead of treated it as a basic commodity and right.

• Like 1

I honestly can't believe how lush those seats (and whole interior really...but mostly the seats ) look.. I mean, it's an old car so surely they have been recovered? So god damn nice.

I would think they're original. Good leather lasts ages if it's not abused.

It's hardly the kind of car that would have had some slob daily drive it though, is it? Think about how many owners would have actually cared for it instead of treated it as a basic commodity and right.

You'd be surprised how many awful ones I've seen.

p4tn2tag.4hq.jpg

dx4ruv2q.c5t.jpg

rtgiuuit.ifx.jpg

2zhgcya1.1qe.jpg

Although these are more 'rice' than trashed but it's all I could find quickly.

Cletus complies cars now?

Give me the flare Peet, otherwise it will go walkabouts (i.e. the rubbish bin) before the car is signed off.

They go in the compliance guys toolbox. We had a chap start at my old work from such a place and he had a drawer committed to flares in his toolbox.

Are they banned or do the compliance jokers just like to use them for Guy Fawkes?