Jump to content

Random slightly cool stuff you built but not worth its own thread, thread


h4nd

Recommended Posts

On 08/03/2022 at 18:46, Raizer said:

Thinking of making some more to sell

Anyone interested?

IMG_20220314_141938.jpg.ae53df7554f4b6c3c9d638fee4add9dd.jpg

Still got to clean it up a bit and weld the mounts on, just ran out of argon so called it for right now.
Plate and SS wool baffling, 100x100, 190 tall, m16 threaded bosses so those cheap SAAS barbs from SCA will go straight in etc.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Work looks good!
Wish I had waited a bit longer when sorting my surge tank but I have already painstaking fabricated a hanger to fit in an off the shelf one.
I might still need a larger coolant header tank so will keep you in mind

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bigfoot said:

Could be, depending on the price

Was thinking about $100, have a fair bit of time and consumables in them.

That's pretty much in line with a smaller China spec baffled can etc.

And yeah, can do with either M16 threaded or welded on barb fittings.

2 hours ago, kicker said:

Work looks good!
Wish I had waited a bit longer when sorting my surge tank but I have already painstaking fabricated a hanger to fit in an off the shelf one.
I might still need a larger coolant header tank so will keep you in mind

Hadn't even thought of surge tanks, looks like something I could do too!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/03/2022 at 22:17, Raizer said:

Was thinking about $100, have a fair bit of time and consumables in them.

That's pretty much in line with a smaller China spec baffled can etc.

And yeah, can do with either M16 threaded or welded on barb fittings.

Hadn't even thought of surge tanks, looks like something I could do too!

Would be keen as for that price. I'm going to be building my engine over winter so will be much later this year. Just simple welded on barbs etc, if I was to give you dimensions and shit could you make one to suit or is that a massive ballache?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 63Ragtop said:

Would be keen as for that price. I'm going to be building my engine over winter so will be much later this year. Just simple welded on barbs etc, if I was to give you dimensions and shit could you make one to suit or is that a massive ballache?

 

Yeah I'd be keen to give it a go.

Been doing 100x100 ones as I've got a full 5m length of it/dunno if I'm equipped or skilled enough to do sheet metal fabricated cans yet.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/02/2022 at 17:43, SOHC said:

Bloody handy, lifted the crank, motor mount and motor

20220217_151743.jpg

Fuck I rolled into work the other day and ine of the boys had made a similar setup and had a 350kg (dry) gearbox, with 18L of oil and a power take off and pump on it swinging from the thing. Sketchy hab

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Some of you may remember my welding skills from such episodes as welding a tow coupling on with half a damp rod on east cape ride. Today I put those skills to use and made a steel rack and wished I had done so a long time ago, am planning on putting a drop saw in the middle. 

How many pairs of sunglasses did you wear? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...