Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

15 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

The problem I see is, if the cylinder miss fires, theres nothing to pull the piston down the bore, and it would lose contact with the wavy thing. From there, theres probably no recovery? Also I dont get how it starts without the combustion to keep the follower in contact with the ramp???

I'm surprised your favorite method of combustion chamber pressurisation has not entered the chat...

• Like 3

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amayama pro question

I'm looking for some tail light parts for the truck, and not sure I'm getting the right piece. I'd like a RH light/lens assembly, and maybe the wiring assemblies for each side.

Any pointers / ways to cross check?

I've already got a repro LHS (Depo 08-212-1964L-B)

image.jpeg.37b1e90511a7eaca1049b4b10b9b7754.jpeg

Following the chassis number leads me here, but they don't look quite right in the drawing

Rear combination lamp for Toyota Town Ace YM65 - Amayama

image.thumb.png.ec983f6deabc77bce7f80dbd2d4c3a23.png

Left hand one

image.jpeg.f50b988d8eac567e3d0bd251e251ab92.jpeg

image.jpeg.bbdd8ba2d503a8c2fd6df59b6f8163b9.jpeg

image.jpeg.c268d31b0afb6c582ca6194d19572d4b.jpeg

It says in the "Applicability" line that its "type A", which is the top diagram that matches the light in the photo

As we say on an almost daily basis at work; diagrams are indicative only.

• Thanks 1

Customer has a toymota passo that won't start. I've got to get out here for some work and wondering if I can tow it the flat 6km needed.  It has a 4 speed auto so apparently no. 

But is that gospel? I always thought most things can be safely towed a few kms without damaging things. 

The trans doesn't like it because there's no fluid getting pumped through, pumps not spinning, but the output is spinning from being towed. 

Generally it's considered OK if its less than 25km and you don't exceed 40kph.

• Thanks 1

Flat towed my old auto rav4 to mechanics 8km low speed. Thrashed that thing for years and no issues, so it can't be too bad if the above rules are followed. Wasn't it's first tow either as I helped the original owner tow it home after it sheared the cam pulley off the cam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bling said:

old auto rav4

I'm led to believe that some autos drive the pump off the output shaft rather than the converter or have a dissconect 2002ish rav4 being one of them. Making them desirable for RV motor home types

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tortron said:

I'm led to believe that some autos drive the pump off the output shaft rather than the converter or have a dissconect 2002ish rav4 being one of them. Making them desirable for RV motor home types

You can put some of the 1st gen ravs transfer in to neutral from underneath too

5 hours ago, Bling said:

who wants to flat tow fast around town anyway.

yeah this. I'll pick a sunny day and we can bumble along at a sedate pace alongside the lagoon and probably only ever see a tourist driving a tiida even slower then us.

5 hours ago, tortron said:

How would that work?

If it doesnt pump fluid till the output shaft spins. Then even with the motor running itll never go in gear because its not moving so its go no line pressure