Alex and Hannahs bushblock shinanigans. Look at my deck..

yoeddynz

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As rookie said go hit up a local forestry contractor (hauler not groundbased), try nig bryant or the bloke something fraser from fraser logging. When their working ropes get a bit worn they replace them and the old ropes cant even be scrapped usually as the guillotines wont cut them and compactors cant scrunch them into balls. 

• Like 1

I went on a DIY flying fox setup in Thailand, was cool, they must have bought a huge roll or something as it was one continuous cable with about 5 different sections running between platforms built into the trees.

There was no runout area, just wore a leather welding type glove that you trailed behind you on the cable to slow you down.

Tis some bloody good ideas above - cheers all. I will certainly go about asking for steel wire when time comes. Must line up and keep two appropriate trees intact!

KK- here is a picture I drew a few months ago for Hannah's nana in the UK. Doesn't show the whole lot but gives you an idea of what we want to do. Shed to be ordered is now going to be 7.7 wide by 15 long and 4.5 high with a mezzanine down one side. I cant wait!

20140507_210302.jpg

you should start up an OS museum.. then I can store some history there haha

Oh hell yeah.. I want at the very least an oldschool style library upstairs with old Haynes manuals plus other technical books (not really enough time for fiction..) and I want to build one of those steel ladders on rollers to scoot along and get a book from up high. Then I can do this..
https://youtu.be/By5eEi8T5kU