Valiant's Oliver Bulldozer.

Valiant

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck that looks so cool. Can you get rubber tracks to fit and then take it into town for a coffee?

I haven't seen them on full rubber tracks but I have seen rubber or wooden blocks bolted to the tracks

Like this.

tracks_zps0uqwzreh.jpg

It will be something to look at in the future.

T class endorsement on your licence is dead easy then you could drive it to the shops no worries. Jumped on a 30 ton digger having never used one managed a pass. Slamdozer a thing yet?

Got wheels, tracks, rollers already thanks mate. This thing is just meant to be.

• Like 1

A give away as to how hot the head has been, is how deep the imprints are where the head bolt washers are. Because these motors are so indestructible, they can get cooked up so hard the metal goes soft. Then they're a paperweight. (Sorry for telling you how to suck eggs) 

Lemmie know if you think it's fucked/get it tested and it is fucked/or would like a round port A12 head with smaller ports  etc for more bottom end torque.  etc etc.

Kudos for getting so far with this beast!

• Like 1

A give away as to how hot the head has been, is how deep the imprints are where the head bolt washers are. Because these motors are so indestructible, they can get cooked up so hard the metal goes soft. Then they're a paperweight. (Sorry for telling you how to suck eggs) 

Lemmie know if you think it's fucked/get it tested and it is fucked/or would like a round port A12 head with smaller ports  etc for more bottom end torque.  etc etc.

Kudos for getting so far with this beast!

Awesome thanks Bart.

I'll take it off and get it hardness tested pressure tested and go from there.

Hopefully it'll just need a gasket and the head machining.

Yes a round port head would be cool if you have one, will need matching manifolds too?

Honestly I am wrapt with how well it runs/goes even with a fucked head. That little SU is delightful.

Let me get it a bit more sorted, ie hydraulics working and wiring done properly and you need to come round for a drive, you'll wet your pants laughing.