DIY Fuel injection thread.

yoeddynz

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright fuckers.

I was looking at a calender the other day and pooped myself when I saw how close nats actually is and how much work I need to do to get my BMW there.

I want to arsehole the factory Bosch d-jet injection on my car as it sucks dick at everything except starting first time every time. I had in my head that I will just use a microsquirt and bung on a new throttle body with a TPS and run a single coil and let the distributor still distribute but still have control over what my ignition does. 

Is it a stupid idea to do the above? The more I search the rest of the interwebs for answers the more unsure I get of which way to go haha.

I just want to start spending money and need your peoples terrible advice as to which way to head.

• Like 1

Rather than do that you should adapt a 60-2 wheel onto the crank pulley and use a hall effect sensor.

But then how does it know if it's on the firing stroke or exhaust stroke with only a crank angle sensor - Aahhh wasted spark and batch injection, problem solved haha.

Is that a Straight six engine in the beemer Dave?

So I am confusing myself thinking about this.

Crank sensor tell the computer where the engine is at--> computer tells coil when to fire ---> distributor then points at the right cylinder to spark

Does the computer just constantly adjust when the coil is firing to get the timing correct and all the advance in the distributor is locked?

Does it just rely on the sweep of the rotor to ensure it can handle the change in advance?

Is this a shitty way to do it?

rookie dayf I was trying to find that video of the the kp47 with 3k-r and slide throttle for you to review but it seems to have dissappeared - just the vid of the car going around tsukuba on there now. Was super lush with outboard mech injection pissing fuel down the trumpets at the slide plate lol

• Like 1