DIY Fuel injection thread.

yoeddynz

Normally tune ae once you can get it mapped to say 4-5k that's without stabbing the throttle once your happy with mapping upto there turn ae on and run around light load at say 2k and stab the throttle and watch the arf for leaning or richning and adjust ae points until afr stays in your range your going for takes a bit of farting around to get it smooth but once it is you may need to re adjust your ve table slightly to compensate cell changes etc

• Like 1

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes stoich will be hottest because there is no extra fuel or air in there just chumming around taking up space that could be exothermically reacting - but I don't see why the higher temperature is a problem? higher temp = higher efficiency.  its just a materials and heat management issue in other aspects but things should be up for that.

Yeah kpr saying that rings a bell.

Yep rookie- slide throttles from what I read when I was trying with idea of making some are a bitch with the way air flows through them at light openings for road cars. I think i get away without AE on as I just learned to drive round the flat spots from the beginning not really knowing any better. It's pretty ok really except occasions about town sometimes- just some bogging. But can ride clutch a little and fine. I think I never notice the lack of extra punch when in the hills because I'll be higher up the revs and opening throttle more liberally if that makes sense. I imagine it would more noticeable in a heavier car with less torque.

Will have a play with AE this weekend. Will also turn the over run fuel cut back on bit have more time set before it activates.

Yeah ms1 you need to change it to all 0 or 99 or something like that ms2 you can select to turn it off or map dot or tps dot etc

how sure are you you have AE turned off alex? its on as default i think. you have to actually go and change the numbers to impossible ones to make it unresponsive/"turned off"

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thread bump!

On new ECU there are Analogue inputs (0-5v) digital inputs, and temperature inputs.

I understand analogue 0-5v and temperature ones, but what does digital input mean?

Is that for something like a square wave signal from a crank angle sensor or something?

I want to know what/how I could datalog some non engine parameters using those unused digital inputs, but before my imagination runs too wild I need to know what exactly it can or cannot do.

I'm guessing any form of potentiometer is an Analogue signal. But anything like an ABS sensor isnt. Sound about right?

If it's square wave or similar, counts as digital signal?

Depending on ECU etc, the digital ones cant all do cool shit. Some will be able to count pulses for measuring speedos etc, some can measure pulse widths, so how long something is high for, and others can only be simple switches for say a nitrous trigger etc. Same with using them as outputs. Most will have timers on them, but some will be super slow and won't work with great accuracy as they will be software timers instead of hardware ones.

• Like 1