EURON8's Lada 2103

EURON8

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When we can see first lowered 2103 with right steering wheel ? You wanna more inspiration ?

Very soon I hope! My wife is kind of blackmailing me to get things done to our house, haha. I just have to build her a book shelf and then i'm free to play with cars again! I will try get the front lowered this weekend tho.

cut in place?

I'd prolly lose a hand/grinder trying to do that, lololols. Sounds like they are still under a lot of tension even when the suspension is fully unloaded.

cheap grinder taped to a long pole?

Haha, i'm not sure how accurate this would be, as I am mostly retarded.

old fiat based shit has some crazy ass springs

haha told ya!

looking real good :)

you can adjust (ie gain) front camber by removing the shims on the upper wishbone mounts. depending on the shims in there (Y or O type) you dont/may have to remove the spring again to get them out.

old fiat based shit has some crazy ass springs

haha told ya!

looking real good :)

you can adjust (ie gain) front camber by removing the shims on the upper wishbone mounts. depending on the shims in there (Y or O type) you dont/may have to remove the spring again to get them out.

Shit yeh, i've never come across such long springs jammed into such short spaces, shits crazy. It looks as tho its gained positive camber from being lowered, so I will have a play with those shims later, may help with gaurd clearance also, dont want to mash my flappers! haha.

looks like a dieing proect.

should probably flick it off aye.

:mrgreen:

Lols, looking good man, im glad its getting some love.

Looking forward to seeing it slam on wheels/whites

I'm keen as to get it done, i've hardly driven it since i've had it, but i'm also trying to do a nice job so that its up to your standards, seeing as you are the future owner, lols.

Not bad , but need more lowering . And dont try to repaint this color . This old paint looks good .

I agree, the front needs to go down a bit more, I want the top of the tyre tucked in the gaurd atleast. I like the colour as it is, its just got lots of small rusty patches, and its impossible to find that colour in a spray can.

Did you happen to buy this off a tall south african with a goatee? Looks like the same car as my old automotive teacher, everyone in the class thought it was a heap but i always had a soft spot for it haha.

If it is glad to see its getting a sweet new life

That sounds like him, he was a "technology teacher" that used to live in opotiki, thats about all I know. But I could have sworn he was english? Tho my memory is pretty shit. He said he only used it to go to school when it was too wet to ride his adventure bike.

I'd also forget what ever he taught you about cars, because everything he's done to this car is pretty fucking haggard, haha.

As for what i'm doing, just before I drove away he said "i'm glad its not going to some boy racer whos going to lower it and do burnouts in it" lolololols.

hahah yeah thats definately the guy, his accent is weird. And yes your right he didnt really teach us much at all, LOL

Hes a little bit of a hippie, had a haggard ford econovan a year or 2 ago aswell that he was doing some rust repairs on, didnt look too good :P

Also LOL, lowered check. Skids ETA: Unknown.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, I like that you took the time to shop the grill back in! It's going on blocks next weekend so I can get the rims blasted, and i'm just going to paint them myself to save monies. We have a shade of blue at work which I think will be perfect.

Its really weird to post a pic of your car lowered on OS, and to be told that it doesn't need to go any lower, haha.