EURON8's Lada 2103

EURON8

I just cut the heads off the bolts, drilled the holes, then slapped on some crazy primer, then some stinky glue shit, and wham-o, mega glued. We have a gasket/belting/conveyor area at work, they use that shit all the time. They have repaired engine mounts with it before, and the mounts be chur as.

hah, so hardly vulacanising then....

• Like 1

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Thats what they call it, but I know its not correct, its not changing the property of the rubber. For some reason a lot of people call the joining of rubber to steel vulacanising? Meh.

Mr Eddie, the chance of an engine swap is fairly unlikely, as this is just my cruiser, dont really need any more power, and it still runs fine. Also i've already had the rims painted, but the colour may change one day. The rims sort of came out a baby blue, not what I was after, but will look ok I think.

Been going hard on rust removal, hope to have new windscreen fitted at the end of the week, then its off to see if it passes a WOF, haha.

I want to share with you information about the accessories Soviet times. I think that this post place in this thread. Here we go. Perhaps the most well-known accessories since the Soviet Union - the knob on the lever in the form of diamond with a figure inside.

Certainly no it was not a gem, but just cutter made ​​of plastic or hard rubber. They were divided into several types. Some were like amber, the second on the diamond. Those that were similar to amber with plastic insects were inside. An example of "amber" knobs:

i-86.jpg

i-85.jpg

The second type of knobs on the gearshift lever in the form of precious stones. Most often in a plastic knob rosette. This is a fetish owners of older VAZ. Maybe someone saw the movie "Wanted" with Angelina Jolie, where she was going to the 2101 Lada and her arm once again was the same rosette. Take a closer look)

Examples :

209779141.jpg

209779142.jpg

88cdca5a72d2ee82-large.jpg

19ae34f794dd.jpg

48cef6fdc898df41-large.jpg

There is another fetish owners of older VAZ is grating on the rear window. In truth I do not know why it is needed, but it gives an interesting look. Let their small office and in my opinion still had limited editions of VAZ. Now a lattice are quite rare and find it problematic.

sm_img-1326690_980x600.jpg

There are some accessories that time, but I will tell about them later.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont normally be this frank with other peoples cars, but this is so, so, soooooooooooooooo close to being fucking baller, but that shade of blue just doesnt do it for me (and the mrs agrees). I think it needs to be darker.

otherwise A++

xoxox

Cheers guys!

When I first laid eyes on the rims I was a bit worried, as its not really the colour I requested. I gave the painter a colour chart from bunnings with the one I wanted circled, but it was a matt sample, when he matched it (by eye) and mixed a gloss paint it came out quite a bit lighter, but its really grown on me. A darker shade may have matched the car better, but this shade adds a bit of brightness to the wall of beige.

I'm going to talk to a couple of painters I know to see what it would cost for a super quick/cheap paint job, as all the patches are screwing with my OCD, haha.