EURON8's Lada 2103

EURON8

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"but KGB GAZ has a V8 engine from the truck GAZ 52" :D Sounds like an awesome idea!

The Gaz wagons are so cool, would love to own something like that.

Regarding the carb, I had thought in the future I may go to twin side drafts or motorbike carbs, but it may not be worth the trouble for a cruiser. I also had dirty thoughts of putting a black top 4age 20v in it, as the standard running gear would probably handle it ok, but mainly for the convenience, reliability and economy of an EFI engine.

Eddie, are engine swaps in Ladas very common over there? Or do they tend to hot up the standard engines?

Eddie, are engine swaps in Ladas very common over there? Or do they tend to hot up the standard engines?

Engine swap it is not easy operation because you need to do a lot of permits and price for permits much more than car .

But we have some Lada's with swaped engines . I know Lada 2101 with a 5.0 V12 from BMW 750 , and I think this madness . We have a few ways upgrade stock engine .

1.Install camshaft from Lada Niva

2.Install dual carb's , are carbs from motorcycle

3.16 valve head from Lada Priora but this not so easy

4.Engine swap from Lada Niva . Stock 2103 engine are 1.3 or 1.5 cc and a Niva has a 1.7cc

I think this ways are unactually in NZ . Some guys swap SR20DET in his Lada's , but their cars builts for a racing .

I never hear about 4age swap to Lada ... If you want to swap 4age - found another rear axle , because stock axle are weak .

And some pics :

4xKeihin carbs + 16 valve head :

88cdca70782a9229-large.jpg

SR 20 DET :

88cdbbbef073eeae-large.jpg

Enjoy . Stock engine with 16 valve head and good carbs get you more than 100 hp , and this is more tha enough . If you want made a hot Lada engine you must find 5 speed gearbox from FSO Polonez of Fiat ( 131 ? ) With stock 4 speed gearbox your maximum speed will be low .

48cec9ea8fd11493-large.jpg

wow , was a sweet looking wagon!!! wish there was some of those in nz!!!

I think found this wagon in NZ - impossible , because GAZ 24 was exported only in Europe and few latin America country . Export version calls Scaldia 24 .

92a36ccd4968.jpg

Also this screenshot from the this song :

This is " Potap and Nastya Kamenskih " Ukrainian RnB singers .

I've never really had trouble finding Lada parts in NZ, but to be honest i've never really needed many. There used to be a Lada dealer in my town, I got a $3.00 mixture needle from him once, and the only part I have had to replace (on both the 2107 and 2103) was the heater core tap, but I retrofitted plastic ones out of jap cars into them.

This is excellent , I always think where are you find parts in GB or in NZ on old Ladas , and now i know ) And what with the chrome parts and original interrior parts ? If you want make low Lada - find springs from Niva , because Niva's spring harder than Lada's and cut Niva's springs . And dont forget replace this buffer :

48cefd01be672535-large.jpg

If you dont do this - high plug will be hitting them and you get not good sounds inside .

And rebuild lower shock absorber mount :

48cefd01b9393a47-large.jpg

This is all easy to do .

I was going to ask you how they go about lowering the Lada's over there, I have had some great advice from OS members who own Fiats, but we were not 100% how similar the suspension was.

So do they use cut Niva springs front and rear? And im not quite sure what you mean about rebuilding the lower shock absorber mount?

As for the interior and chrome trim parts, i've never tried to buy anything for one yet, but will let you know how I get on.

Regards, VG.

I was going to ask you how they go about lowering the Lada's over there, I have had some great advice from OS members who own Fiats, but we were not 100% how similar the suspension was.

Regards, VG.

Yes , Niva springs to front and rear + you need short shocks , or found Kayaba Excel G , this shocks using our low Lada's owners .

He means you need to lower the bottom shock mount so the shock travel doesn't bottom out..

(ie get shorter shocks instead)

Yep )

And dont forget - all Ladas what are you see - they are with cut springs , any air suspension , any coilovers , because air suspension price are very high and coilovers price - high too .

Owners age of lowered cars in Urkaine and Russia - not more than 25 years . we all are young , but we have imagination and make beauty cars for little money .

Eddie, here's some NZ road for you http://g.co/maps/re424

This is not so bad road . Later I show what is real terrible road

IM GETTING THERE!

Was going to start on the lower'in this weekend, but sounds like I need to find a set of niva springs. Theres plenty of things to be done anyways. This weekend I want to straighten out the bumper irons and do a bit of mechanical work. The cam chain is loud as fuck, which had me a little worried, until I discovered you have to manually tension the chain every 10000k's, haha.

To be honest I dont know, but it sounds like the spring rate gets way up the kack, because the standard springs are massively long/need a huge amount removed. It shouldnt be to hard to find Niva springs, I know theres one in a pick a part in aucks, may have to send my mate in there for me if I get stuck. The local wreckers are having a look for me also.

My great uncle and grandad somehow ended up as importers or parts agents or something of volgas back in the '50s I think they only had 1

which then at some point got left idling in a paddock until it ran out of gas/engine seized. don't know what happened to it after that/probably rusted to nothing or got sold for scrap or something :(

but still cool cars - eddie have you seen the russian movie called "black lightening" ?

I use Gee Motors in Napier for Lada parts as we have a few customers rolling them.

Just did a timing chain on a 2103, they just send every part needed, so sweet when working on older rarer stuff. Btw it drove the lengh of NZ + back up here from Dunedin for repairs with the loudest chain rattle I have ever heard with no dramas.

The local dealer here fitted 2c Toyota Diesel engines to brand new Nivas, that happen anywhere else?