EURON8's Lada 2103

EURON8

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Why thank you sir, its a pity I couldnt get a better colour match, they just dont make beige like they used to!

Also want a new front bumper, that ones way more bent than it looks in the pics!

Its now ready to go to its new home in my olds boat shed, hopefully I dont get pulled up on the 2min drive to their house, as its got no shocks, haha.

Haha, which one did you go to?

Its not the rubber bump stops thats the problem, its the steel part of the body that the stops attach to that needs to go up:

48cefd01be672535-large.jpg

The bit outlined here ^ With no rubber part in there, I can just get my finger through, lols. Cant get onto any russian forums, so unsure how they get around this. One guy in england cut the whole inside out of his top arms, but im pretty sure WOF man will notice that, i'm thinking ot cutting a section out of the car and lifting them up a bit.

Is there a minimum distance/gap for bump stops?

Ktown motors opposite the Gull

Can you get rid of that steel cup bit or is it part of the bumpstop?

DSC05815.jpg

Small rectangle bumpstop 2nd from the right is a 90's townace being compared to STD hilux ones looks pretty small compared to the one in your pic

The cup bit is part of the car, i'll have to cut that whole support off, move it up, and weld it back on (if I can) then have a mad underseal party in the wheel arches to hide it.

Regarding the rubber part of the bump stop, I was going to just cut them down, and then vulcanise a bolt into them, so I can bolt them back onto the car/will still look factory.

I'll just have to do this, and hope WOF man dont work out what i've done, and if he does, i'll have to get a cert. If I have to get a cert, i'll prolly lower it a bit more, lololols.

Well, what happens is, the top arm bottoms on the bump stop purch, AND fouls on the tube bit the shock comes out of/mounts to (if going super low) so it looks like they cut the bump stop purch off, and also trim metal out of the inside of the top arm (then box it up) so it clears the shock tube/mount. Like so:

DSCF3681.jpg

6a3bcf3b9d27.jpg

So it can do this,

DSCF3683.jpg

And it seems you also have to do this, as you cant get shocks with short enough bodies,

DSCF3771.jpg

I'm not sure if I will have to trim the arm, I hope I can just do a subtle bump stop mount mod and get away with it, as I really dont want to get a cert.

Hmmmmmmmm, raising the arm would make sense, would adjust the arc so it clears the shock tube thing better. I wonder if you raise just the back of the arm, or the front (hub end) aswell to keep the arms parallel?

Only problem with rasing the arm, it would then get even closer to the bump stop perch.

Ask tom.

I also looked in flipping the hub upside down for instant drop spindles.

Because the steering arm bolts on it was looking very do-able - i didnt get super far with it but from memory mild grinding may be needed.