Mega Shed of Ed.

0R10N

just dig your own trench, since its extra low voltage, it doesn't have to be at the same depth as 230v

can always be done at a later date, just come up the wall in flexible conduit about 200mm into an end box still looks tidy, before the walls are lined though

well the concrete truck turned up about 25 mins ago and the contractors are getting shit ready for the slab to be poured, so it looks like this will be the best option going forward (probably after xmas) since the rest of the structure isn't going up until January.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of laying another conduit.

I did this on my shed. My wife has a treadmill in the shed and wanted sky. The easiest way was to run cable from the back of the sky box to the telly in the shed.

I didnt cut the slab. I just snuck the conduit between the slab and the cladding of the shed (this is how Skyline did it).

easy job and can be done in a couple of hours depending on howmuch you need to dig. Mine is about a 30cm deep max.

Its just something that gets overlooked and is regreted allot. So many people have to cut up new concrete to install extra power circuits, comms or whatever. Half the time this is due to the original conduit being installed shit with tight radius 90deg bends etc

The amount of time I had to curse dweebs who'd installed 20mm conduit underground with those horrific 90 degree elbows when I was doing data... was many.

If it was me I'd be putting 2 lengths 32mm conduit in, at a good depth with draw wires in both. You'll never, ever have to worry about running services from the house to garage again, it'll be a literal 10 minute job.

That way you'll be able to run an RG6 feed if you run Freeview/UHF etc too, data, security, power the whole fucking lot.

Day 10. Oh hai, I has concrete slab nowe! Pity no more werk will happen until the 9th of January, and the incoming clouds look fairly ominous.

will try and dedicate some time over the break to digging a trench for the extra conduit. Running some cabling for Freeview/Sky would not be a bad idea, cheers for the pro-tip Richy :D

6547323627_30dba91bc6_b.jpg

Day 10. Oh hai, I has concrete slab nowe! Pity no more werk will happen until the 9th of January, and the incoming clouds look fairly ominous.

will try and dedicate some time over the break to digging a trench for the extra conduit. Running some cabling for Freeview/Sky would not be a bad idea, cheers for the pro-tip Richy :D

6547323627_30dba91bc6_b.jpg

now yuo can hardpark at home?

KK I have to do some other maintenance around the house after the new year, so painting the floor may be relegated to the bottom of the list. hopefully if the weather holds I'll get it done before February.

also been advised I should get the concrete stress cut, is this worth doing?

How about a giant Twister mat?

the thought did cross my mind briefly, but would involve having to find a few different colours of floor paint!

now yuo can hardpark at home?

there's a huge gap in between the end of the driveway and the start of the pad still (which is elevated anyway) so nah.

Regarding the stress cutting, being such a hectic time of year with xmas I wouldn't be surprised if the contractors come back to do it in January.

thought that things had pretty much wrapped up for the year, but no! Today I got home and found a bunch of building materials had in fact been unloaded - mainly the trusses, and some of the cladding/roof. A large portion of it remains out of shot just in front of the house.

Day 11.

6552817831_6459e80ca6_b.jpg