Mega Shed of Ed.

0R10N

So jealous of the big shed. Glad to see a cut slab. Are you having three roller doors? Being a versatile they will be roller not tilt???

I did a Skyline and it has a tilt door. Would definately trade again due too quality but change to a roller door.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two doors - one single in line with the driveway (so I can move the daily in and out with minimal fuss) and a double.

the old garage was a Versatile and had a roller, but new ones are equipped with tilt doors and have been for some years. Was the first thing I asked about, would've preferred rollers myself :(

Hopefully the tilting ones won't get in the way of the lighting.

hopefully there will be an elegant solution to the lighting. The Versatile rep didn't seem too fazed, got the feeling they'd already accounted for it in the plans somehow.

Chances of you working on your car that close to the door of your massive garage will be slim Ed.

well the back half will be cars that don't get driven fuckall (and a bench), so that reduces available space down to the first 5 metres or so.

Track car will initially have to occupy one of the rearmost spots with the nose pointing outwards, so I can get a crane in there and pull the busted engine out at some point.

ah yes, vices are useful. I saw a giant collection of 2nd hand vices recently, can't recall exactly where it was. Possibly the Sanson thrift shop 8)

also have to compile a list of tools that got stolen (when I was renting lockup space in Hamilton) and require appropriate replacing.

• 3 weeks later...

First week back after the new years' holiday break.

Days 13 and 14 were both washed out by some of the crummiest weather ever (it's summer, ffs!) so it was nice to finally see some progress on Day 15 even as the clouds threaten to roll back in and fuck shit up once again. Framing is up but not dynabolted just yet, I'm guessing it'll happen once all four walls have been constructed.

the concrete space between the house and garage, as well as the deck, have been turned into a giant werkbench by the chippies :D

6677405431_d3a02d81af_b.jpg

versatile don't do rollers anymore apparently. Sectional may be a thing but I'd expect to be paying out my nose for 'em (and it's probably too late to change tack). Ah well, I don't expect to be parking right in front of the doors anyway due to the driveway design. As long as I can put in some extra padlock mounts etc I won't be too bothered.

the back lawn is slowly turning into an overgrown jungle... doesn't help that idiot guy's garbage is still sitting there taking up space. Still mildly keen to gather it all up at the end of the project and dump it on his front lawn.

half the trees have fallen over as well thanks to the awesome/horrific weather.

Anyone around this weekend? I may start digging that second trench.