hunteds shuvit

mutiny

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How? I don't recall swapping my piece of shit Mitsubishi for a bigger piece of shit (relative to my case only- both the vehicles in your instance seem tidy enough). I sold it (parts) for a good price, so yeah, not really comparable at all.

It looks tidy and all, but that Cortina seemed pretty sound, and they go for good money usually, versus small change Chevettes (I recall tortron couldn't sell his for tuppence for months). Like I clearly said, if you're happy, who cares? Apparently you do. I'm not sure what you expected, you seem aware you got the rawer end of the deal?

Good luck with it man, your plans sound good. Can that paint be clearcoated? Would look 8405802458 X better

yea pretty much gave mine away in the end, then the guy who bought it sold it at $1 res and would have barely covered trademe fees :doubt:

Chevettes are sweet/im a bad bad man

had a dig though my bits. have a few rostyle wheel nuts, block letter style chevette badge, GL badge from the dash speaker cover and an interior coat hook or two

How? I don't recall swapping my piece of shit Mitsubishi for a bigger piece of shit (relative to my case only- both the vehicles in your instance seem tidy enough). I sold it (parts) for a good price, so yeah, not really comparable at all.

It looks tidy and all, but that Cortina seemed pretty sound, and they go for good money usually, versus small change Chevettes (I recall tortron couldn't sell his for tuppence for months). Like I clearly said, if you're happy, who cares? Apparently you do. I'm not sure what you expected, you seem aware you got the rawer end of the deal?

Good luck with it man, your plans sound good. Can that paint be clearcoated? Would look 8405802458 X better

my comment was semi in jest haha, no offence intended. Just thought (from what ive read/herd) that you may not be the best person to be judging people on their vehicle antics :D

the cortina was fucked to be honest. the engine overran, blew smoke and was on its last legs. the gearbox was also fucked. the body had rust coming through and was in dire need of a panel/paint.

like i said, i wanted something that didnt demand so much time and money, and as far as I can tell, the chevette fits the bill.

If i had spent the time/money fixing the cortina, then yes, it would have been worth alot more than the chevette, but i didnt, and didnt want to.

And also, I got the cortina for a hillman hunter that i payed 400 buks for, so im not complaining (sorry karl haha)

Any car is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, no matter how sweet/shit it is, and in this case I was willing to pay what I had, therefore I dont see the problem.

Wicked little chevette- well done! I was watching it and am always tempted to get another (would be my 6th) and will do one day- I have a brand spanking new 2.5 turns lock to lock steering rack I brought over from the UK for a chevette. But i want to try it in my viva.

There is a fella in Nelson breaking a hatch- he offered the whole car $100 to me. If you need parts pm me and I can always pick them up and I can bring them down to CHCH as I'm down there fairly often. He wont sell me the rack dammit!

Interesting that kiwi chevettes held onto the poppy inny lights a lot longer than UK ones. I think they look wicked! And I dont think UK chevettes never had headrests till quite late?

Chevettes handle wicked- man I miss them.

my comment was semi in jest haha, no offence intended. Just thought (from what ive read/herd) that you may not be the best person to be judging people on their vehicle antics :D

the cortina was fucked to be honest. the engine overran, blew smoke and was on its last legs. the gearbox was also fucked. the body had rust coming through and was in dire need of a panel/paint.

like i said, i wanted something that didnt demand so much time and money, and as far as I can tell, the chevette fits the bill.

If i had spent the time/money fixing the cortina, then yes, it would have been worth alot more than the chevette, but i didnt, and didnt want to.

And also, I got the cortina for a hillman hunter that i payed 400 buks for, so im not complaining (sorry karl haha)

Any car is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, no matter how sweet/shit it is, and in this case I was willing to pay what I had, therefore I dont see the problem.

doesnt worry me, i payed $2g for that corty... :| i personally would of taxed a few of the bolt on accessories off it first to pay for the mods on the shuvit. would of given you a set of just legal rims for a box of piss. chevette owner would of still been keen on the swap without all the good stuff on it if that makes sense

yeh i see you point karl. Probably should havent given him the carbs and that but meh, whats done is done. When you compare the cars side by side the chevette is definitly the better car (regardless of what each could be/should be worth)

Tis quite tidy in person, and yeh Matte!

Which steels you using? Something other than rostyles I hope? Would look good with hub caps and beauty rings!

Did I tell you I should be able to sort extremely cheap brand new firestones in a couple weeks?

im using the factory rims, not rostlyes, just tocken steels with the holes around the outside. have a full set of decent hupcaps for them, and yeh may get some chrome rings also. Maybe white walls, probably not.

yeh you did, ive got my fingers crossed that you can, will be keen on a set of 185/60s probably :D:D .

also Chris, it has a random knock/rattle sometimes ( that sounds drivetrainish. Had the car over a mates pit today and pulled and pushed on everything to see of i could find the cause. Panhard rod bushes were fucked so i got some nolathane ones from zac (cheers man), but that doesnt seem to have fixed it. he said he had the rest of a complete bush set that you ended up returning, so may get that, maybe not. Anyways, where the driveshaft goes into the torque tube, there is a heap of movement in the driveshaft (like i can grab it an wobble it around quite a bit). Any idea if this is normal? Had a quick chat to zac and he said that my best bet is to track down another torque tube, if the bushs/rubber in it are worn. It doesnt vibrate or anything at speed, so was thinkign maybe it was normal/not the issue.

Yeah theres a rubber mount where the torque tube mounts to the body and every chevette I have ever driven makes a bit of a bang sound when you drop the clutch or go between the gears pretty fast. It can be fixed by replacing this mount. Unless you are talking about just a random knock when driving. Not sure what that would be but maybe just check movement of exhaust because it gets pretty tight through the tunnel there.