hunteds shuvit

mutiny

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I swapped the cortina for this. I think he got the better dea (in terms of what each car is worth) but yeh, like i said i was getting sick of it crapping out too often. Plus i get bored easily and I like change haha

Oh no you didnt :cry:

Chevette 1256 engine are know for their realability....... yeah right.. Trust me I know this, have had 6 Chevettes.

I like the colour and looks like a tidy machine. Please put gemini G161 into chevette tho now thanks.

Gaz

haha sorry gaz. it was a big decision but I was ready for some fresh air.

Its nice having a car that looks "finished", and i can spend what little money I have on making it how I want it, rather than keeping it going.

Im chuffed so thats all the counts, you haters can go stick it :lol: haha

Its nice having a car that looks "finished",

Oh thats just the fad these days. Give it another year and everyone will be rolling oxide red on their whips. :mrgreen:

One of my cars is destined for oxide red/army green. It has also been destined for alot which has never happened in the last 5 years lol.

I got a few spares here if you need aswell. including some live plates :doubt:

Gaz

haha yeh il be the first to admit the cortina did look sweet. ill have to go round and get a few pics of it some day as it is now, looks so sweet with the roof racks and chrome wheel ring.

it was a pig to nice though, had to wrestle the wheel to keep it straight, gearbox was screaming and shit. needs someone witht he time and money, cause its a bloody sold car really, no real rust or anything.

theres a few things im after but i think prozac has all that i need, will let you know though

@ fuel -yeh its a satin finish (metallic saphire blue or something), looks pretty sweet. the dude who i got it off sprayed it, and knows his way around paint as his old man is a painter. or something like that

@R100 - nah its not factory. its an original full bumper cut down, and then two ends from another bumper welded on to make the quarter bumpers. I like it. There is a massive hole/gap in front of the rad though that is quite obvious haha, which would normally be covered up by the bumper

@karl - be quiet haha

I like it. There is a massive hole/gap in front of the rad though that is quite obvious haha, which would normally be covered up by the bumper

Mines similar, though the bumpers are just hacked up not done nicely like yours. I've been meaning to put a full bumper on for, oh.. 3 years now. Haven't quite got around to it. Actually I've tried, but the mounts have been all hacked up so its trickier than it should be to return to original.

Anyway! The front of my car just has black mesh across there and as gay as mesh is, you can't really notice it and it looks quite tidy. Nice cheap way of covering up that gap.

haha. was just flicking through your wagon thread. what did you end up using for the front spook? im planning on similar kind of look to yours, ie low and wide steels (not as low as yours though haha, thats just sick. in a good way)

Mines just from a 96-99 shape Vectra. Theres actually a heap of cars that have something suitable, I just happened to have a Vectra sitting in my driveway on the day I decided I needed a lip on the front of the car, so off it came. Its held on but those black paperclip things :lol: works well though, I had a spin at taupo and when I went into the grass it just popped off.

If you want something a little more aggresive you can go for the golf mk1 style though it does need quite aggressive lowering and wide wheels to pull it off right.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7466/lip1w.jpg

yeh nah i think that ones a bit too much haha. just want something subtle. probably wont happen lol.

I can't find one in chch on trademe in a 2 minute look, but just keep an eye out. They'd be about $10 because no one even knows they are there or would ever want one.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 825168.htm

that ones in today tomorrow land but a bit of a hike in a 1256, will take 3 or 4 hours :lol: