hunteds shuvit

mutiny

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man.

Elite Wheels in Christchurch do them. Cost $330 all up for 2" added in. Note of warning, they do a good job, but they really take their time (was 6 weeks, and others have had the same experience). Not a big deal really if you have spare rims to use while they are getting done but yeh, just a heads up. Im not aware of anyone else that does them in chch.

Im a big fan of lowered cars on wide steels so yeh, im happy with them. Just need a tidy up and paint. Will get some pics up tomorrow

i dont know the a15 or its gbox but you could perhaps shift the mountings on body work along. To me there would be a satisfaction in doing it all so it looks stock and you can sneak through the wof:-) then as others have said you have time to drive it till you have finished any other mods then get a cert.

I wouldn't put a slant four in though. I put one in my first chevette- They are bloody heavy making the car push, thirsty and the exhaust is a pain.

hey man.

Elite Wheels in Christchurch do them. Cost $330 all up for 2" added in. Note of warning, they do a good job, but they really take their time (was 6 weeks, and others have had the same experience). Not a big deal really if you have spare rims to use while they are getting done but yeh, just a heads up. Im not aware of anyone else that does them in chch.

Im a big fan of lowered cars on wide steels so yeh, im happy with them. Just need a tidy up and paint. Will get some pics up tomorrow

Sweet mate, yea my steelies are just my spares, i have had 14's on the car since i got it, but wanted to do something with the steelies, so yea time is not a problem, have seen it on a few other cars and they look epic! thanks for the info. What sort of tyres will you be using for them?

i just got tyres put on them today, will put pics up soon. have 185/65s simply becasue i got them silly cheap through chris (CUL8R). ideally will get some lower profile tyres int he future if bank ballance allows. maybe some 195/50s

apparently the rears are different. have funny springs or something in the viva. fronts afaik are the same/similar. for the chevette its as simple as runnign a shorter spring (be it cut or whatever) and finding a shorter shock to keep it captive

any idea if the suspention is the same as the viva?

as im wondering how ill do mine

Vivas have a rear spring like this but it is bolted in top and bottom.

SANY2594.jpg

Because of this, you can either make a custom spring to suit, or get something a bit heavier and compress it to lower it. The spring above is from a Vectra, which will be a bit heavier so perhaps suitable? Commodores with IRS also have rear springs the same and some BMW's run a similar spring too.

I have some Commodore springs too, so if you want I can get some dimensions of these and see if they might be suitable for you or not.

Front should be relatively straight forward.