Waimaks's 1981 Rusty Brumby

V8Pete

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Am pretty gutted about its rustyness. Am going to 'gift' it to my parents farm for a while and park it up until I can afford to do it properly, even If I tackle it myself (once I get all that free time and money you know.....or at least a workshop).

Also TGB, This was a 'rust free' one when I got it in.. '05 I think. Was my first car and we flew to Queenstown and drove it home at 80km/h half expecting it to destroy itself.

:-(

But yeah. In short, I think its not a matter of if its rusty with these, its just when.

Thinking that bringing it up here to our climate just sped up its demise a whole lot.

Don't know what Subaru were smoking when it came to the rustproofing process. Cunts.

Have decided (probably a bad decision but meh) this may be where my future lies.

1982EuropeanHilux-418x299.jpg

But yeah.. I should stop obsessing..

ouch that suxs. yea try slow the rust in it. and put it into storage somewhere dry. till you can fix it up.

for some reason the 1600 shaped subarus rusted out very badly. not sure if it was cause they where assembled here or not.

if you go to an 1400 they take much longer to start to rust out. my old coupe was used as an farm hack and been left out side for over 10 plus years. its does have rust but not as bad as you would think. its still left out side. had be muterlated by the last owner. holes put in the boot lid. not drilled. they used an an hammer punch. it got an lot of water stuck in the boot

What are you planning on using for an run around car?

guttered about the rustiness of the brumboe. chalky started turning that way so i just put a car cover over it so i dont have to see it. lol rust is ftl

or a 40 series cruiser

they are heaps choice.

Don't know what Subaru were smoking when it came to the rustproofing process. Cunts.

probably buds bought with the money that was ment to be spent on rust proofing. "oh shit wernt we ment to do something?" "nah lets just paint it"

rn40 etc hilux.

could be pretty mean. they one i have has fuck all cab rust but fuck me the tray has some holes.

• 4 years later...

Oh Johnny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Johnny boy, oh Johnny boy, I love you so.

• Like 3

stick at it my man!

by the time you're finished you'll be an accomplished rust repair/panel maker guy!

are the removable panels (like the bonnet and guards) the best ones you have? you did have a whole bunch of these did you not????