Waimaks's 1981 Rusty Brumby

V8Pete

I think these probably are the best guards/bonnet I have, but I'll be be digging at the green one to see if theres much better on it before I go repairing too much bolt on stuff. 

I have 5kg of dry ice coming tomorrow so I can hopefully fully evaluate the floor. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, research tells me that this one, and the red one I had were both assembled at Waitara north of New Plymouth. Hence the horrific unexplainable rust.

Thanks NZ auto industry.

I believe the green one is a Japanese built one, so hopefully even though its pretty fucked, it has good sections that I need.

I did not, :-( I dumped it all in the work wheelie bin. Lets hope its split in half from the freezings or something.

And yeah Jeff, it makes that tacky sticky crap just smash off in projectile shards. Hammers and chisels 'n' shit.

I would recommend this way over attempting to peel/melt/cut it off any other way. 

Its tricky, I'd be stupid not to at this point. Buuut, theres also no point on doing a conversion on a rusty car.

To summarize, I'm going to leave the front open for a bit or something, in case some kind of cheap suitable donor appears before I stitch it all back up. 

Cause I could yet throw my toys and give up TBH. 

The required conversion to hydraulic clutch I dunno if I could be bothered with, most else isn't too bad I don't think. Sorting out CV's to suit might be a cunt. I don't know.