• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
that compound turbo is awesome! How does the intercooler work?

It sits after the ratio compressor turbo (the small one), between the engine and that turbo. There is no need to have a primary and secondary intercooler, obviously after having gone through two turbos the air is damn hot so a good I/C is kinda necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

picked this thread up from Build Threads(.com), the owner reminded me alot of some of the fella's on here who are perhaps new or not highly skilled but more than willing to learn and just give it a go. This guy started out with a no skills, no tools, and a vehicle with real family history to restore. In the end .... I wont ruin it but it's a neat car story. only 6 pages really.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... genumber=1

From this ...

5lzckl.jpg

To this ....

2rrkmlc.jpg

He learned as he went, got advice where he needed it, and did the whole thing himself.

picked this thread up from Build Threads(.com), the owner reminded me alot of some of the fella's on here who are perhaps new or not highly skilled but more than willing to learn and just give it a go. This guy started out with a no skills, no tools, and a vehicle with real family history to restore. In the end .... I wont ruin it but it's a neat car story. only 6 pages really.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... genumber=1

From this ...

5lzckl.jpg

To this ....

2rrkmlc.jpg

He learned as he went, got advice where he needed it, and did the whole thing himself.

That many patch panels is almost cheating

Compound turbos are the way of the future

Bmw with mercedes compound turbo diesel setup - vid is of motor build up pics only.

j8E6bGyj_hI

How that stz works - kinda

y-Me6yWApzY

This sounds very familiar. Is this setup very close to a 2JZGTE turbo setup? But instead the gases being split its feeding the second turbo? I wonder if you could use a similar VSV setup.

PS this Compound setup would be the jiz with water methanol nozzles pre turbo!