• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i had a good chuckle also (in my head, OS boes would love this)

a dude in finland is putting a 2zz into a kp starlet, this is being built as his daily/mrs summer car.

The very beginning. Just a few small things to add and it's ready. Maybe somebody noticed that i left the idea of powerful 7k for this project and instead of i have the 2ZZ-GE.

Transmission is J160 6-speed from an Altezza RS200 and rear axle will be a Toyota 8". So all genuine Toyota parts anyway..

Reason not to have an turbocharged 7k is that i can not get it leagally for street and then it would miss the point. In the other hand without thinking is it leagal or not i think 2ZZ is an nice option with all the nowadays goodies including VVTLi and quite nice NA power 192hp with 8700 redline.. Anyway there is a lot of space in the exhaust side for some nice stuff and there's a lot of potential in this engine.. ;)

So this will be my wife's ride in the summer time.. Maybe not next summer, but some.

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

man there has been some serious patching going on with that starlet :lol:

mean though had no idea they put out that much powah .

n/a daily mobile making more power then my turbocharged engine running more then stock boost makes me a little bit sad though

Without bein a cynic though - horsepower relevant to that many revs generally goes hand in hand with lower torque numbers. All good tho, HP is HP, but in this case probably at a cost. I bet your turbocharged motor has more consistant torque once it comes on boost

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...