kpr's starlet

ratt

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh its a bit hard to get over there without much power.  need take the right line, to carry as much speed as possible through the first corner. where as if you have some decent power, can run a shit line and just mash the gas after switching, and still make it. so its quite good that it forces you to get a good line. i was getting further and further as day went on, but never quite got it right.    rest of it is a good change from meremere/skidpan. the last corner/hairpin is pretty choice in a small car. gravity is on your side

• Like 4

yeh its a bit hard to get over there without much power.  need take the right line, to carry as much speed as possible through the first corner. where as if you have some decent power, can run a shit line and just mash the gas after switching, and still make it. so its quite good that it forces you to get a good line. i was getting further and further as day went on, but never quite got it right.    rest of it is a good change from meremere/skidpan. the last corner/hairpin is pretty choice in a small car. gravity is on your side

Yeah that hairpin looks fun, so is the one at Puke. Ill have to try it, only way to find out I cant drive/have not enough power.

yeh its a bit hard to get over there without much power... its quite good that it forces you to get a good line.

This is what most young drift kids don't get IMO. They'd be better to start in a starlet or an MX5 than a turbo *insert generic nissan* with high horsepower. 

• Like 1

This is what most young drift kids don't get IMO. They'd be better to start in a starlet or an MX5 than a turbo *insert generic nissan* with high horsepower. 

This.

A mate took his rb25det laurel to the same day. Was complaining he didnt have enough power and needed more, made him watch Kpr and he still didnt get it.

• Like 2

This.

A mate took his rb25det laurel to the same day. Was complaining he didnt have enough power and needed more, made him watch Kpr and he still didnt get it.

That's the most common complaint across all forms of motorsport. The correct response is to inform that they need bigger nutsacks. 

• Like 3

Cant wait to try hamptons in the wagon when its going, looks like a heap of fun in a car like that. You managed to link the rest of the track though didn't you? 

yeh, rest of the track is no worries.  think i pretty much manji'd  whole drift section a couple of times.  mid corner manji's over the hill..  was pretty hard to get a clean run without any yellow flags.

awesome stuff man! you've got some serious skills behind the wheel and behind a grinder/welder. i'm pretty keen to drag the corolla up to hamptons but was worried how it would go being underpowered, your vids are about the first low powered car making a decent effort i've seen. might have to book in for the next DMNZ day.

• 2 weeks later...