kpr's starlet

ratt

Sweet! I thought my eyes were deceiving me. Will be interesting to see how it sounds too.

Yea i too thought this was made from alu but wasnt sure. You have some serious lateral thinking skills buddy

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hah, i knew someone would ask.

chopped up old system today. and made a start on rebuilding. spent half the day modifying some bits of fonterra into v band flanges. saved me 30 buck. mean

This is so sweet.

Alloy won't melt man. Takes like 700+ deg to melt commercial alloy.

You would have to be boosting up a hill on a nos button towing a trailer with no inter cooler for 10km and it still wouldn't melt being at the back of the car.

Definitely keen to hear how it sounds.

I have high hopes as said material is much more malleable and there for accepting of propagation waves which will reduce droning.

The design can reduce higher frequencys.

Want.

haha ^

Will the muffler be more prone to ripping open when on the likes of a speedbump or something?

yeh would get beaten up pretty quick. but no drama at back of kp as muffler sits up fairly high. unlike the mid section. showers of sparks at night are kinda sweet though.

Kpr, 4ages sounds awesome man. at least my bluetop sounds like a fucking thunderstorm.

it has Cusco Extractor, Apexi Resonator and pretty decent looking Exhaust.

You probably hasn't seen it tho.

its all about the itb noise man! i still have that heat sheld sitting on my desk if you wanted it..

uXfgFkpqldA

yeh just finger tight. but i usually tweak them up with allen key, to make sure they are all the way down, then back them off a touch. then chuck a straight edge across them to check they are all even.

main thing is to put the molly lube on the top threads, and between the nut and washer.

• 2 weeks later...

awesome dude. Look forward to hearing how much the alu shuts it up.

Also is the smallest diameter of your collector 2.5"?

If so i reckon you could probably make a bit more power + a decent amount of mid range if you dropped that collector choke down to 2.25" or a sniff smaller and then taper it out to your 3" exhaust

Some of the big 2+ litre hondas are running 2.5" collectors but most 2L i've seen run around 2.25" merge collectors tapering to 3" exhausts, so 2.5" collector seems huge for a 1600

Can probably dig out a dyno pic of some testing on a sr20ve where they tested a few different sized headers and 2 choke sizes if your interested.

Maybe you could make some venturi looking thing that you can tack in just to test it out and see if it actually does like a smaller choke

cheers, nar its just argonsheld on mig, had a go with argon and ali wire, but only good for sticking stuff together roughly. got a chinese ac/dc tig for ali.

If so i reckon you could probably make a bit more power + a decent amount of mid range if you dropped that collector choke down to 2.25" or a sniff smaller and then taper it out to your 3" exhaust

Some of the big 2+ litre hondas are running 2.5" collectors but most 2L i've seen run around 2.25" merge collectors tapering to 3" exhausts, so 2.5" collector seems huge for a 1600

Can probably dig out a dyno pic of some testing on a sr20ve where they tested a few different sized headers and 2 choke sizes if your interested.

Maybe you could make some venturi looking thing that you can tack in just to test it out and see if it actually does like a smaller choke

those extractors started out with 1 3/4" inch collector. have tried 2" 2.25" and current 2.5" which didn't really have any effect at all. but, would be good to test with the big exhaust on there at the moment. have tried megaphones and also sorts, same deal. kinda tells me something else was the problem, being so numb to changes. but new setup is completely different other than the exhaust setup. so start again!

want to get it on dyno some time as it is. recon its making good power for stock cams

Pro Tune around the corner from perfect power do dyno runs for $150. Bloody cheap if you ask me. C&M usually charge $250 same with eastern automotive.

RX7 Heaven charge per hour which is better but his dyno is very difficult to get a lowered car on to.

cheers, nar its just argonsheld on mig, had a go with argon and ali wire, but only good for sticking stuff together roughly. got a chinese ac/dc tig for ali.

those extractors started out with 1 3/4" inch collector. have tried 2" 2.25" and current 2.5" which didn't really have any effect at all. but, would be good to test with the big exhaust on there at the moment. have tried megaphones and also sorts, same deal. kinda tells me something else was the problem, being so numb to changes. but new setup is completely different other than the exhaust setup. so start again!

want to get it on dyno some time as it is. recon its making good power for stock cams

Im impressed you've done so much testing. Agree too, must be something up if such changes have piss all effect. Look forward to seeing how the new motor comes along

t50's rule

i've changed my mind. fixed the synrco and it does the same thing! its like theres a gate on 2nd gear down changing. going up is perfect.

NicT: still pretty harsh for a power run. might take it to winter drags instead, compare trap speeds with old setup. least can do some skids at same time. does perfect power still have there dyno?