kpr's starlet

ratt

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the first thing that came to mind, hook the pto winch on!.   luckily had to drop it off early that morning.  retaining wall, some carefully placed eyes welded to the front of car and some h/d tie downs, worked mean

If you are consideing a COP setup I think either the 1NZ corolla coils I used in my evo

DSCF1761.jpg

or the K20 coils finding thier way into the my Mazda build

20131110_200557_zpsf476e925.jpg

Could be suitable contenders...  the K20 coils are a tad longer but fairly similar other than that...

Yeah It looked pretty retarded on the in car vid too!  ah well its not hard to fix.  just having  to respray pretty much the whole front of the car, is annoying.

mjrstar:  yeh i think the 1nz stuff works with 4age.  i just happen to have a corolla here i can pinch some off for a test fit.   but can't see it happening anytime soon

those last 2 clips, is about as far as i was getting over the hill.  pretty much over the other side i guess.  its kinda hard in a low power car since the first corner is shaper.    it seems more to do with the line,  rather than entry speed. can only go so fast before have to srubb off speed or fall off the corner.   i was entering the same pretty much all day.   but trying to leave the switch later as day went on.    entering late on the first corner  and hitting the apex later would make it easyer, but boring.  

The blue kp didnt seem to have much power on me. plus i had more grip.  was catching up mid drift when following him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you match the uj angles with a shaft that short and with how low you have it?

One option is to make a second shaft with cv joints. Lots of rwd/4x4 cars use them now.

Bloke at work made one for his notched hilux. Works mint, but you do need a steel boot protector to stop them expanding and falling apart from high speed loads.

should work out pretty good actually.   main problem before was matching the angles, rather than the over all angles being too much. the engine and box, had an angle down.  so the nose of the diff had to point up.  wasn't too far out in the end. but to get it spot on. the front of the engine had to come down. sump ground clearance is already an issue, so that wasn't going to happen.  or raise the whole tunnel. also unkeen

with the 2 piece,  the first section off the box, aims towards the ground slightly.  which gives a bit more tunnel clearance for the rear section.  only other thing i may have to do, is raise the last 300mm or so of the tunnel to the nose of the diff. to get the diff pointing where it needs to be. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...