kpr's starlet

ratt

waiting on new stock for "changes."   but i did start building a new exhaust today. should save around 5kg im guessing, if it doesn't fall apart

edit:  until it falls apart i should say

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, looking forward to some more exhaust tech. I'm using this car as trial and error for what I want to do on my exhaust :) by the time you get it sorted I will just be able to apply 2 litre principals (making less power than your 1600) and do something similar without it melting hopefully

sweet.  i'm going ali  straight off the extractors.  heat wise i'm thinking it should  be fine. but It will get a hard time otherwise on the starlet. which will probably be its demise, like all the stainless versions.

• Like 2

well the exhaust is light. i dont have any scales, but whole thing weighs about the same as just the old center section.

but it sounds horrible.  anyone know how to  tune a resonator  to kill rasp on 4 cylinder?!    at the moment has 1 pretty big glass packed straight through, along with existing muffler.   going to try add another smaller one further back, like the old system. but unsure if it will work.  almost like its getting harmonic vibration going on.

• 2 weeks later...

rx3,   he had a quick yarn to me, first time out on full track,13b turbo!   i didn't see much of his drifting, but bro recon he was doing pretty good and it had plenty of balls.

those were mellow switches in the vid.  was kicking the clutch mid switch over the hill for awhile.  was brutal, but could only catch it a few times.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeh man! was pretty surprised to see them line up, nice work.   

doesn't feel like its flattening out at all, right up to the limiter.  only real changes from the old setup is the port work, inlet manifold and bigger itb's.  even with the stock cams, it rev'd alot harder than any stock cam small port ive driven. might have got something right this time.

yeh will try advance the inlet once i get a good tune on it.  so can at least see how it affects the afr

Aim for max power at 10K ya big jesse.

haha, ok you can follow behind and collect the 4age souvenirs, as they fly out the back

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...