• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/11/2023 at 19:06, NickJ said:

I have a cheap one, its crap.

good for primer thats gunna get a sand or motivation to purchase a nicer gun

What brand and price point are we talking? Total bodyshop is clearing some at very steep discounts. Italco brand

• 2 weeks later...

Typically an automotive paint shop for me. I find my local one is cheaper than SCA / Repco for pretty much everything. Mine is Spraystore, but if you have an automotive paint shop in town, which I imagine you do, i'd go hit them up when you're mobile again and see what they got.

• Thanks 1

I get all my 125 sanding discs from Spaystore (Smits). They might just not list them online. I never had a problem sourcing them and I needed a fair few for the project. Often they just had to get them from behind the counter rather than the limited options on the store shelves.

• 1 month later...

Faded/dull clear coat

It has not bubbled or lifted yet but it's not far off 

Is there any magic jizz that restores this back to concours perfection? Or does a half decent job of slowing the inevitable march of time and deterioration?

Or should I spend my time on more productive things 

20231224_115235.jpg

20231224_115243.jpg

On 26/12/2023 at 16:40, ThePog said:

I realised I have run out of Brunox convertor/primer, I had a ring around and it seems the only spray on equivalent is crc, does anyone rate this or should I hold out for the brunox?

I would wait, brunox is much better than crc. It sounds like you need it asap and can’t wait for a courier?

1 minute ago, 87creepin said:

I would wait, brunox is much better than crc. It sounds like you need it asap and can’t wait for a courier?

Yea I have been pretty happy with the results so far. The paint shop will probably be open on Wednesday, and I have plenty to go on with in the meantime..