For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

So if you are in Wellington, you're probably not getting it from the pump, so is the source 'legit'.....

If you're getting it 'by the barrell' for a track only car say, why would you want to be paying all the road tax, I would think it is sold in that manner with a disclaimer about 'not for use on public roads'

Pedantic, yes, and the police often are (and often they don't have a clue)

I'll be getting it from Shred in Petone. They buy it by the drum. But because I'd use SFA I would only get 5 litres at a time.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey cletus (or anyone that knows) whats the go with taking a air bagged steering wheel off a car and replacing it with a non abridged one? do i need a cert? or is it a no go unless i have a motorsport authority card?

Thanks,

Mitch.

Some modifications are permitted, but they must always be LVV certified. The only modifications permitted are:

1. fitting a switch to render an airbag temporarily inoperable, and

2. the removal or permanent deactivation of an airbag in a vehicle that:

• is at least 14 years old, or
  • has been adapted for a person with a disability, or
  • has been extensively modified for motorsport use.

depends on the quality of it, at that price i would question how good they are, welding looks pretty poos. cheap arms usually have super shitty joints which flog out quickly

Question,

As im doing a engine conversion adn have a 2 piece shaft i need 2 driveshaft hoops.

As the driveshaft is basically enclosed for the majority of its length, would i still need a pair of hoops?

See pic and imagine drive shaft installed

http://image.superchevy.com/f/10374397+w750+st0/sucp_0810_09_z+custom_stainless_steel_lines+61_impala_x_frame.jpg

This as probably been mentioned so many times, but so hard to search for anything

What are the specs for Drive shaft Loops?

thanks

Is the size requirement for a driveshaft loop still 50x5 flat 360 deg with 2 bolts on each side?

yep. if you are bolting it thru a panel steel floor then use some big washers on the top side of the floor, the book suggests 50x60 washers. often if you buy a universal loop kit you can use some of the bits trimmed off to use as washers for the top of the floor.

Rare number plate question here;

Every time i get pulled over, i get a lot of questioning and hassle.  It seems the police database associates my KELTIK plate with my crashed/written off 1997 Legacy instead of my perfectly legal 2002 Legacy.

This creates a problem since the police people really dont take kindly to civilians running the wrong plate on their cars.  It also set off alarm bells since my 97 hasnt had a wof since 2006 on account of being de-regd.  Since both cars are white Subaru Legacy station wagons....its not so easy to convince an officer of the law that they are in fact wrong.  Especially when you just got disco lights for speeding through road works.

Question is: Has anyone come across this before?  The NZTA have the details correctly and going into the cop shop - they tell me they cant change the database because its all just copy pasted from the NZTA

Drop spindles, is there anything in particular these have to meet? 

just the usual 'fit for purpose' deal, and have to have a bumpsteer check for certification, as far as i know you shouldnt have any issues if they are for your 64

theres some around that are welded together which are a hassle to get legal but these are for early 50s fords i believe

Rare number plate question here;

Every time i get pulled over, i get a lot of questioning and hassle.  It seems the police database associates my KELTIK plate with my crashed/written off 1997 Legacy instead of my perfectly legal 2002 Legacy.

This creates a problem since the police people really dont take kindly to civilians running the wrong plate on their cars.  It also set off alarm bells since my 97 hasnt had a wof since 2006 on account of being de-regd.  Since both cars are white Subaru Legacy station wagons....its not so easy to convince an officer of the law that they are in fact wrong.  Especially when you just got disco lights for speeding through road works.

Question is: Has anyone come across this before?  The NZTA have the details correctly and going into the cop shop - they tell me they cant change the database because its all just copy pasted from the NZTA

curious.  I'd have thought an inspection of your rego sticker reading 'KELTIK' with '2002 Subaru Legacy' should clear that up for them relatively quickly.   'hey, there must be some kind of sytems error - it's got a kosher rego sticker here.  anything else I can help you with officer?'.

perhaps the issue is that its fruitless trying to win an argument with an officer of the law. stick to the simple facts, and they'll give up when you stop getting riled.  These guys often mirror ones behaviour, and if you're breezy and efficient they usually are too.   the bigger the issue and more riled you get, the longer they spend toying with you.

speeding through road works paints a very big target on you.  the public would be dismayed to read of another road worker being maimed or killed so soon after one was shot dead.  they're probably briefed and concious of that, and applying the 'front page news' test.  in addition, roadworks demerits have gotta be quota points for jam for these guys. 

• Like 1

Good suggestions, plates have been on 3 cars since the crashed one so I really thought that would've done it.

As for getting riled up, ive never been one to argue with a cop.  That just seems like a bad idea.  I just smile and nod and assure them its all legit as far as I know.  But yeah, a simple mistake of doing the usual 70 instead of the freshly resealed road 50 gets turned into a lot of radio chatter and 10 mins on the side of the road thanks to the plate thing.

Oh yeah Brad, buy that ebay water pump.  Mine are more/too expensive.