si

For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

Recommended Posts

Do you mean like a round headlight? Probably could, but why would you? You will need to have a reflector as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, AllTorque said:

Do you mean like a round headlight? Probably could, but why would you? You will need to have a reflector as well.

yeah round types... why would I? hence the "dumb question" disclaimer :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely tail lights need to be considerably more diffused? 

Head lights are for illuminating everything else, tail lights are for illuminating themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah seems a bit silly. Totally different designs for totally different jobs. Legality shouldn't come into it, just don't, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roman said:

Surely tail lights need to be considerably more diffused? 

Head lights are for illuminating everything else, tail lights are for illuminating themselves

I suppose they need to be diffused somehow reading virm, whereas headlamps don't. As long as t/l is red in colour and diffused so it radiates as opposed to cast beam of light and fry someone else's eyeballs it should be right?

2 hours ago, Bling said:

Yeah seems a bit silly. Totally different designs for totally different jobs. Legality shouldn't come into it, just don't, lol.

I don't know man, LED tails annoy the hell out of me, to be honest, way too bright for what they are designed for. Yet they are legal. So are stupid animated LED indicator lamps.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The animated ones are the best lol. I hear you though, some can be pretty bright.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Headlight for tails would be great!
And use the high beams for the stop lights. 
#tailgatersgetfucked.........

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Headlights for taillights?
Please post pics in the design fails and fabrication foibles thread

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kicker said:

Headlights for taillights?
Please post pics in the design fails and fabrication foibles thread

All in good time... But I think we can move on from this topic for now - I reckon it'll be legal with some minor modifications... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2019 at 15:54, Bling said:

Yeah seems a bit silly. Totally different designs for totally different jobs. Legality shouldn't come into it, just don't, lol.

But what if you want to make a backwards car?

 

images (37).jpeg

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.