For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, igor said:

I totally don't get this, from the second link. Makes no sense at all.

New Zealand has strict controls on the importation of tobacco for sale. There is an absolute prohibition in the Smoke-Free Environments Act 1990 on the importation for sale of tobacco, which is suitable for chewing, or any other oral use other than smoking. Approval cannot be given to import chewing tobacco for sale.

Good thing you're talking about it in the spam thread then isn't it?   Get the fuck out.

Another Fezza Pete?

• Like 2

Turbocoon ute is going in for cert later this week, he didn't mention anything about a  requirement for a driveshaft loop at the booking, the reasoning for the cert is due to maybe having 20% more than factory output due to larger intercooler and whatnot. (Its almost certainly over the 20% increase from stock)

Manual suggests that 50% increase from factory output is threshold for driveshaft loop.  So 270 flywheel kw should give me a threshold up to just on 400 flywheel kw. 

Am I reading this paperwork correctly? 

Cheers

9 hours ago, mjrstar said:

Turbocoon ute is going in for cert later this week, he didn't mention anything about a  requirement for a driveshaft loop at the booking, the reasoning for the cert is due to maybe having 20% more than factory output due to larger intercooler and whatnot. (Its almost certainly over the 20% increase from stock)

Manual suggests that 50% increase from factory output is threshold for driveshaft loop.  So 270 flywheel kw should give me a threshold up to just on 400 flywheel kw. 

Am I reading this paperwork correctly? 

Cheers

Getting my ducks in a row for cert for the Beagle. Are these style of strut spacers certable?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HRG-Engineering-Honda-Civic-88-00-CRV-97-01-2-lift-blocks-kit-RD1/263626959047?fits=Model%3ACivic&hash=item3d616428c7:g:feMAAOSwtida3L2r 

Will only be needed in the front end if that makes any difference?

Also, is there anything tricky about getting cert for removing ABS beyond changing master cylinder and brake lines to non-ABS?

probably ok, only thing to look out for is the suspension can handle that much more droop travel- ie with those spacers in, make sure the cvs don't fall out or ball joints bind or the brake hoses get like guitar strings etc

abs is easy as you describe, that's pretty much it, take the light out of the dash and get rid of the pump as well

27 minutes ago, Willdat? said:

Also, is there anything tricky about getting cert for removing ABS beyond changing master cylinder and brake lines to non-ABS?

Fyi, I unplugged the abs pump in my pajero when off road, just puts on the light and stops abssing.

Plug it back in when hitting the tarmac.

12 minutes ago, Mof said:

Fyi, I unplugged the abs pump in my pajero when off road, just puts on the light and stops abssing.

Plug it back in when hitting the tarmac.

I'd do the same - except my ABS pump squeals like a bastard if it's not activated more than once a week, I don't have an aggressive enough driving style for this.

So it spends its life (except for the drive to get a WOF) unplugged. Which also means I'm probably driving around uninsured, looking forward to getting it all sorted!

So whats the go on an LVV having to have a boot floor? I am wanting to install a (proper) plastic fuel cell into a LVV and have been reading my Hobby Car Book. I understand the fixing/attachment, and clearance ... line routing requirements but can't see anywhere where it says I have to have a boot floor or something under it. I looked in the body section of the book also and didn't see anything there either. Just the necessity  to ensure the passenger compartment was sealed from the tank etc. So do you have to have a boot floor in ya hotrod? Fuck that sounds bogan aye ... but do you?

9 hours ago, johnny.race said:

So whats the go on an LVV having to have a boot floor? I am wanting to install a (proper) plastic fuel cell into a LVV and have been reading my Hobby Car Book. I understand the fixing/attachment, and clearance ... line routing requirements but can't see anywhere where it says I have to have a boot floor or something under it. I looked in the body section of the book also and didn't see anything there either. Just the necessity  to ensure the passenger compartment was sealed from the tank etc. So do you have to have a boot floor in ya hotrod? Fuck that sounds bogan aye ... but do you?

Surely it would need some sort of metal shield under the plastic tank to protect it from the road?

5 minutes ago, kws said:

Surely it would need some sort of metal shield under the plastic tank to protect it from the road?

The only reference i could find re having shield was using one if a certain clearance distance could not be met. Even though I would meet the distance requirement, I was going to utilize a shield/skid plate arrangement under the cell in any case. I thought this was just good practice and it added some confidence that my ching ching fuel cell was protected from road debris. No, what i am asking about is the requirement to have the boot as a sealed compartment. I wonder if you have to? 

9 hours ago, johnny.race said:

No, I cant think of any reason you would have to have a boot floor, as long as the fuel tank is protected like you mention, and the passenger compartment is sealed so fumes/exhaust etc cant get in

40 minutes ago, Carsnz123 said:

Sooooo How much bodywork is required for a car to go on the road? Would be a good lerl to roll round in this as is. Maybe a little drafty.

kpqWPkG.jpg 

Very little.

Have certed a couple of these. They are a lot of fun to drive but pretty breezy and you get bugs and rocks in your face

0db5aac6e1bb03b39a5a88a89855fbf8.jpg

• Like 2