si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, datlow said:

Not a old black plate I take it!? 

Nope white, it's been released and is now available, but yeah as a premium plate, so $2499 is too spendy for me..

If I add a letter at the start it becomes a fixed format for $599

• Sad 3

47 minutes ago, Raizer said:

On the subject of Chassis Tech, any feedback on their drop spindles?

The quality is hit and miss.  Some of the castings can be a bit rough. And by rough I mean have porosity holes etc. In saying that, I havn't heard of anyone in the NZ minitruck scene having one break on them.

The biggest issue with CT spindles these days is there is no brand/manufacturer logo cast or stamped into the spindles. They only have 'mazL' for example. Lvvta require proof that the spindle is said brand, a receipt is not good enough proof and the pictures on thier website are terrible.

I recently had to email pictures to ChassisTech of some Mitsi L200 spindles my customer has in his ute to confirm they are thiers. They confirmed so now I have proof from the company which hopefully Lvvta will accept.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RXFORD said:

The quality is hit and miss.  Some of the castings can be a bit rough. And by rough I mean have porosity holes etc. In saying that, I havn't heard of anyone in the NZ minitruck scene having one break on them.

The biggest issue with CT spindles these days is there is no brand/manufacturer logo cast or stamped into the spindles. They only have 'mazL' for example. Lvvta require proof that the spindle is said brand, a receipt is not good enough proof and the pictures on thier website are terrible.

I recently had to email pictures to ChassisTech of some Mitsi L200 spindles my customer has in his ute to confirm they are thiers. They confirmed so now I have proof from the company which hopefully Lvvta will accept.

And coming via an Aussie eBay reseller I'm guessing it'd likely be even worse for me to attempt to get proof too.

Was actually your B2000 that's got me looking at possibly running drop spindles, I've recently picked up a 90 B2000 I'm wanting to tidy up a bit and drop a fair bit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raizer said:

And coming via an Aussie eBay reseller I'm guessing it'd likely be even worse for me to attempt to get proof too.

Was actually your B2000 that's got me looking at possibly running drop spindles, I've recently picked up a 90 B2000 I'm wanting to tidy up a bit and drop a fair bit.

Its possible to get them legal, just have to be prepared to the extra mile to get the necessary proof.

My b2000 does actually have CT spindles, but it has been certed on them for a long time so luckily I didn't have to go through all thay drama. 

I can't remember if Belltech are doing Maz spindles, but if they are it may be better option. All the Belltechs I've ever dealt with have been branded/logo'd however wpuld pay to double check before purchase as they are a fair bit dearer from memory.

• Thanks 1

Hi, could someone please tell me if a hood/head lining is required for a wof?

Reason i ask is i need to fix the leaking sunroofs in a s1 Disco and at the very least i need to lower the lining, but i'm thinking of removing it as it's a bit rough anyway.. thanks

• 2 weeks later...