For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, shizzl said:

Theres already a provision for that one.

Which leaves the one right on top free

How many lines does it have?   I'm spotting 4.

In from tank, out to pump/rail, overflow back to tank and return from rail/fpr. 

FAST-5-TANKS-SURGE-1.jpg

Googled for sunroof, LVVTA has a story that a cert is not required if the fitting has not weakened vehicle structure, pointing to note 1 per below:

Note 1 - Weakening the vehicle structure: Heating, drilling, welding or cutting the vehicle structure, modifying a roof bow, or modifying any part of the structure would be considered to weaken it. Cutting a single layer of unstressed panel steel (i.e. roof) is not considered to weaken the vehicle structure. Drilling a hole suitable for a child restraint top tether does not require LVV certification

But if I was to have an exiting sun roof removed and have a sheet welded (or somehow attached to the rest of the roof panel), which may involve heating, drilling or welding, would that require a cert? Reading that "cutting roof" is not considered to weaken the vehicle structure, would I be correct that having the area (sort of) restored with a steel sheet put back where the sunroof was involving the aforementioned procedure would not be considered to weaken the vehicle structure either? 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here know about truck/ht stuff? I have various questions to do with my sisters vehicles.

Firstly, her bus has failed its cof, not on rust as expected, but on the front seats. They want them certed, but they have been there passing cof's for 20+ years. I am baffled by this and want to know if this is legit...

Secondly, her new truck has no deck. There are a few deck possibilites at the truck wreckers in Taranaki, but it might be a better result to build one to suit here. I am happy to do this.

I have been told that the deck itself does not need a cert but any tie down points will do. If this is the case then I have a plan, a local firm is happy to install some certed tie down points on an existing deck.

Give me the knowledge.

Always be wary of a car dealer selling cars that are not complied. 

It may just be they cbf, but more often it's the fact they know there's something wrong with it .

Otherwise if it was easy they would just get it complied and legal and sell at a greater profit  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Leone RE; your comment in the nats thread

"Failed wof, one bulb, gearbox mount and have to remove the big sticker that takes up most the back window, rememberance sticker for my mate who fixed the 1st lot of rust... RIP, i dont really want to take it off but i will to get the bloody wof... maybe he will let it slide if i do the rest... hmmph  "

I don't think that should be a fail but others here will know more. From what I know if you have two working side mirrors you should be fine.  My '87 van has a sheet of steel instead of a rear window and its never been an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1