For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever were going to try and be a criminal and replate a derego car like a skidder, you need to remove the windscreen and swap the whole panel over. And swap the rear screen for the Vin number too. This is plenty more work/skillz than your average RFB has the brain power for. 

Otherwise you could expect to one day get rolled for car conversion 

all spacers need cert 'legally' speaking (as is my understanding / was correct at time last I checked

no if's or buts, yep you might pas a Wof (if they are not spotted) with them but voids all sorts of things if something happens & they are still fitted etc

1 hour ago, Firetruck said:

Fit legal spacers

Spacers are a WOF fail item, no matter what

2 hours ago, footey said:

quick question hope i in right chat, will i fail getting a car back into the system on the tyres hitting the springs on full lock? haha i have spacers to space them out but they are also illegal? 

yes it would fail.

spacers are an option but need cert.

I would suggest as previously mentioned, adjust steering stops or different wheels.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, say my car which was last registered in 2013, and has been old hold until today, had its exemption expire and I didn’t renew it. What happens tomorrow, does it instantly get deregistered? If not, when does it lapse? Usually it’s 12 months from rego expiry, but it’s way passed that. Surely not 12 months from exemption expiry?

i have renewed the hold, but curious to know how close to death I was. 

Whats the general rules around securing ABS wiring to struts? Fitted a set of Fortune Auto coilovers and the rear struts don't have the tabs to click the loom on. I ended up using a couple of cable ties to secure it for now.

Would this be ok? Or will I need to make a proper bracket?

IMG_20180113_13821.jpg