For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you sir.

Also tidying up a battery relocation. I had run the power cable along the sill underneath the plastic trims as it was an easy path / plastic trim has a perfect shape to it. Have made sure I keep it away from sharp edges etc - would you expect this to raise an eye brow come cert? Just need to secure it using some p-clips 300mm between each? Rivnuts to the sill so I can bolt/unbolt the clips would be sweet?

IMG_20180115_36583.jpg

IMG_20180115_30425.jpg

Hey Guys - sorry for the Noob question but I've read and seen a lot about people widening wheels.

I'd like to buy an old set of SSR MESH to sit on my ke25 build while its at the panel shop, and have lined up a set that need reconditioned...and I may want to widen them when they get reconditioned depending on how the car sits after the panel work etc. I saw on PINE engineering that their barrels etc are only for race use........what's the rule around this?

9 hours ago, CorollaGT said:

Thank you sir.

Also tidying up a battery relocation. I had run the power cable along the sill underneath the plastic trims as it was an easy path / plastic trim has a perfect shape to it. Have made sure I keep it away from sharp edges etc - would you expect this to raise an eye brow come cert? Just need to secure it using some p-clips 300mm between each? Rivnuts to the sill so I can bolt/unbolt the clips would be sweet?

yeah that would be more than adequate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AALAWS said:

Hey Guys - sorry for the Noob question but I've read and seen a lot about people widening wheels.

I'd like to buy an old set of SSR MESH to sit on my ke25 build while its at the panel shop, and have lined up a set that need reconditioned...and I may want to widen them when they get reconditioned depending on how the car sits after the panel work etc. I saw on PINE engineering that their barrels etc are only for race use........what's the rule around this?

I'm doing a car for someone at the moment which has a set of wheels with bigger lips done by pine, the only issue was one side of the rim doesn't have a bead hump so he has to run tubes. 

The side that doesn't have a hump, is an original one though, not on the barrel supplied by them.

Might just be an arse covering exercise, like heaps of other parts manufacturers that say something is "for race use only"

15-11-17 (295).JPG

15-11-17 (297).JPG

I bought a set of new remanufactured Mk 1 Lotus Cortina straight steering arms ages ago and I’m a bit nervous about using them on my Cortina build without getting them tested. They are cast and from a very reputable source in the UK. What’s the best way to get some peice of mind or should I just bin them?

23 minutes ago, cletus said:

I'm doing a car for someone at the moment which has a set of wheels with bigger lips done by pine, the only issue was one side of the rim doesn't have a bead hump so he has to run tubes. 

The side that doesn't have a hump, is an original one though, not on the barrel supplied by them.

Might just be an arse covering exercise, like heaps of other parts manufacturers that say something is "for race use only"

Thanks for the advice mate, I can proceed with the plans :)

So despite strongly disliking convertibles, I've bought another MX5.   I've also bought an ITB setup for it.    
Do ITBs need a cert?  I want to get it certed for suspension asap, but don't want to recert down the road just for the itbs.

From a quick read of the rules it seems like it should be fine, as its still naturally aspirated, fuel injected, and shouldn't be adding more than 20% power (although 100% more dorts),  does that seem right, or is it worth waiting till I can afford a standalone before getting it certed?

would it ever be possible to convert a bug to Rack and Pinion?

somethin like this?

1739406.jpg

steering shaft would have to be shortened, universal joint added, tie rods cut to length and gas tank clearanced.

the biggest issue would be the mount for a suitable unit, no weldy weldly??

chur.

Is it a moped or a motorcycle?

A moped has:

two wheels

a maximum speed not exceeding 50km/h, and

either:

an engine capacity not exceeding 50cc, or

a power source other than a piston engine.

For vehicles first registered prior to 1 May 2011

A moped includes a motor vehicle with three wheels, a power output not exceeding 2kW and a maximum speed of 50km/h.

There are definitions for three wheel vehicles registered on or after 1 May 2011. Please contact the NZ Transport Agency for these requirements.

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/vehicle-types/motorcycles-and-mopeds/information-for-moped-riders/

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 23:11, 66gt said:

I bought a set of new remanufactured Mk 1 Lotus Cortina straight steering arms ages ago and I’m a bit nervous about using them on my Cortina build without getting them tested. They are cast and from a very reputable source in the UK. What’s the best way to get some peice of mind or should I just bin them?

you could contact the manufacturer and see if they can supply any info on the grade of material they are cast in.

they are cast, and not forged?

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 13:58, linearentropy said:

So despite strongly disliking convertibles, I've bought another MX5.   I've also bought an ITB setup for it.    
Do ITBs need a cert?  I want to get it certed for suspension asap, but don't want to recert down the road just for the itbs.

From a quick read of the rules it seems like it should be fine, as its still naturally aspirated, fuel injected, and shouldn't be adding more than 20% power (although 100% more dorts),  does that seem right, or is it worth waiting till I can afford a standalone before getting it certed?

shouldn't need cert just for that.

the kicker is though, if you get it certed, and the plate says the engine is standard, then you modify the engine, it wont match what the plate says, and you may run into trouble at wof time.