For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

wouldn't hurt to have a hard copy of your booking with you , if you wanted to be extra cautious maybe even run it through a wof check first so you have the fail sheet that says cert requires update ........... of course you may pass given the amount of wof inspectors who think if it has a cert for anything it covers everything !

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clint oh oracle of knowledge im looking at putting some side flaps on my rally car can i drill and put riv nuts in the underside of my sills like 4 or is this a no no my other option is to make them longer and bolt through the floor

like what you see on the side of this car 

10742d1312288824-lancer-evo-6-gravel-ral

cant see a problem with that

• Like 2

booked my van at the end of the month for certs do i have to have a wheel alignment sheet?

I do my own alignments with stringlines and camber gauges and never had an issue with tyre wear or handling issues.

Most likely yes. If you have played with the suspension then you need a wheel allignment sheet to prove it is within 0.5 degrees of factory spec.

Whats the dealieo with that rule where you can drive your unwarranted vehicle if you are driving it to a place to get work required for the warrant?

My Starlet has rego on hold(last rego was 2014) and wof expired. It needs a new cert because I have changed from a sohc to a dohc.

My cert guy is in carterton(Julian Cheer), I am in Upper hutt.

Technically, getting the cert is "work required for the wof"....

If I drive it to carterton, and I am stopped by "the man", would I get away with it? I would probably be stopped because my car has panels that are not all the same colour, rather than for speeding or whatever. 

Whenever i've been pulled up without a wof (usually checkpoints) they look at the wof sheet and still write a ticket with a 28 day compliance, just have to write in with proof the wof was attained and they withdraw the fine. 

Upgrading from front drums to discs - Is there a minimum size for vehicle size etc? If I make a bracket to mount the caliper is there a minimum thickness it needs to be? 6mm/10mm? What is the deal with the disc conversions from the states with the new spindles rotors etc?

Upgrading from front drums to discs - Is there a minimum size for vehicle size etc? If I make a bracket to mount the caliper is there a minimum thickness it needs to be? 6mm/10mm? What is the deal with the disc conversions from the states with the new spindles rotors etc?

Yes, in the HCTM - can look tomorrow.

I used 10mm.

Probably OK if properly engineered. Some of the USA caliper brackets are sketchy, best if the are one piece, TIG welded spacers on the bracket are OK, but 2-piece welded brackets are undesireable.

• Like 1

Was sold a de-registered 92 FXGT and found it still has a current WOF. Seller said she wanted the car gone and was going to sell it to the wreckers so surrendered the plates. The engine looks to have done a timing belt which is the cause of it being sold (owner cbf'd). Am about to replace the timing belt but the engine bay is covered in oil so after another engine as its done close too 400K's.

How hard is it to get re-certed? Everyone I've spoken too have said over 1K which I'm not sure is worth it. Esp if I have to tow the thing to the compliance centre.

Read this, it should answer your question.

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/51700-my-re-registering-a-vehicle-experience/

The AE92 doesn't sound like a car i'd bother putting back on the road, but only you can make that call. Especially if you plan to put a silvertop engine in (other thread?) as it will require a cert on top of all the costs mentioned in the above thread.

Yes, in the HCTM - can look tomorrow.

I used 10mm.

Probably OK if properly engineered. Some of the USA caliper brackets are sketchy, best if the are one piece, TIG welded spacers on the bracket are OK, but 2-piece welded brackets are undesireable.

Disc Brake guide sizing for heavy rod or fullsize USA car (1500-2000kg)

(BTW Mercury is right on 2000kg)

By Engine HP

HP 150-300: 280x25 vented

HP 300-450: 300x28 vented

HP 450-600: 300x32 or 330x30 vented

HP 600-750: 300x35 or 332x32 vented

This is only a guide - proper brake test during cert still applies.

• Like 1

Whats the best way to do a drive-shaft loop on an MX5 ? Anyone done one or a series 6/7 RX7

Im guessing you just could just use a bit of flat bar and bend it around and attach to the PPF ?

Cheers

yeah that. i think someone does a loop you can buy pre made for mx5 that bolts straight on, it uses that beam as one side of the loop