For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an ek hatch as a daily from ZEBRA and want to replace the rear bushes.

Cheaper to just get aluminium arms from scarles (they say on their site they are LEGAL unlike other brands)

How true is this? Can you change to adjustable top links without a cert?

How does the wof man know a legal brand of arm from a non legal brand?

• Like 1

Got an ek hatch as a daily from ZEBRA and want to replace the rear bushes.

Cheaper to just get aluminium arms from scarles (they say on their site they are LEGAL unlike other brands)

How true is this? Can you change to adjustable top links without a cert?

How does the wof man know a legal brand of arm from a non legal brand?

if you dont need aftermarket adjustable arms, dont bother. You would need a cert, and on the cheaper brand arms, the bushes suck and fall to bits.

• Like 2

Hi Clint, just saw this system and wondered if it would require the full automatic system that airbags use?

Seeing that its mainly used in at either full extension or none would it be allowed with just a switch to go full up?

looks like a good idea.

here are the rules for air suspension, you dont need a full automatic self levelling system to pass cert

http://lvvta.org.nz/documents/suplementary_information/HCTM_SAMPLE_Chapter-6_Suspension%20Systems_airbag-hydraulics.pdf

• Like 1

That would prove a little difficult for getting over speed bumps/driveways, you'd have to come to a complete stop before and after for it to go full up/down

Yes. Mine was certed wired to the neutral safety switch, so it works in either neutral or park (for auto).

i thought they were sealed, but had a look at the spec sheet

Overcharging

can cause the safety valves to open and battery gases to escape, causing premature
end of life.
These gases are flammable!

so it would need to vent to outside or put it in a sealed box

Manufacturers plate had the chassis number. Never saw a car without one in all my years doing WOFs in the early 90s

From memory VIN plates only came out in the early to mid 90s. When Jap Imports started getting really popular.

Edit - I just re-read your question, re-reg was not a big deal as you just used the original chassis plate number and remember that continuous vehicle registration was not a thing.

I think vehicles only fell off the system after 3 years or something and you didn't have to backpay reg if you forgot for a couple of years.

• Like 1

Clint oh oracle of knowledge im looking at putting some side flaps on my rally car can i drill and put riv nuts in the underside of my sills like 4 or is this a no no my other option is to make them longer and bolt through the floor

like what you see on the side of this car 

10742d1312288824-lancer-evo-6-gravel-ral

• Like 1

Whats the dealieo with that rule where you can drive your unwarranted vehicle if you are driving it to a place to get work required for the warrant?

My Starlet has rego on hold(last rego was 2014) and wof expired. It needs a new cert because I have changed from a sohc to a dohc.

My cert guy is in carterton(Julian Cheer), I am in Upper hutt.

Technically, getting the cert is "work required for the wof"....

If I drive it to carterton, and I am stopped by "the man", would I get away with it? I would probably be stopped because my car has panels that are not all the same colour, rather than for speeding or whatever. 

• Like 1

"It’s illegal to drive a vehicle…

• If it doesn't meet WoF requirements.

• If it doesn't display a valid WoF label.

You can drive your vehicle on the road under these circumstances only when taking it somewhere for repair or to get a new WoF – providing it’s safe to do so."

You would probably be OK if you aren't picked up for speeding/being a dick on the road.

No guarantees when dealing with the Police though.

• Like 2