For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

Hi There,

It's for an AE86

Pics here, let me know if you need anything more specific or need any other questions answered:

th_P6101413.jpg

th_P6101410.jpg

th_P6101409.jpg

th_P6101408.jpg

th_P6101407.jpg

th_P6101406.jpg

coilovers probably be ok if they are a factory strut with a threaded sleeve welded on

arms- cant see any brand markings on the arms in the pics, probably not considered a known brand to LVVTA so would need to meet requirements of a custom made arm in the hobby car manual

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

coilovers probably be ok if they are a factory strut with a threaded sleeve welded on

arms- cant see any brand markings on the arms in the pics, probably not considered a known brand to LVVTA so would need to meet requirements of a custom made arm in the hobby car manual

Thanks man!

if theres enough material between the old stud pattern and the new one, then you can redrill.

also make sure where the new stud pattern is, the hub is the same thickness as where the old stud pattern was. some hubs have extra thickness where the studs/threads are

Hey Clint can you take a look at this thread, pretty sure I have asked before but my memory sucks - whats the need for a repair cert? //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/48950-repair-certifier-recommendation/#entry1543059

Is it required for a car thats undergone rust repairs (thats previously been de-regd) before going for re-reg checks?

What's the story with my last few WOF check sheets printing out with EXTENSIVE UNDERBODY SURFACE RUST and RUST IN B-PILLARS!!!!! etc? Is it some VINZ/VTNZ specific cartel thing? Should I be going to other WOF places? It's like there's some permanent thing on record that flags up a couple of my cars for rust.

• Like 1

here's another question on the stack..

what's the go with regards to steering wheels, is there a standard or some such? or does it just come down to the wof guy swangin' off it to see if it's got what it takes..

keen to attempt a home-build in the future but wont if it's a huge no-no regardless of build quality.

what's the go with regards to steering wheels, is there a standard or some such? or does it just come down to the wof guy swangin' off it to see if it's got what it takes..

keen to attempt a home-build in the future

c0e3dc563c799fe14748a93bc7abbb2e.jpg

• Like 3

keen to attempt a home-build in the future but wont if it's a huge no-no regardless of build quality.

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/infosheets/LVVTA_Info_11-2012_LVVTA_Approval_Application_Guide.pdf

I think you need "component single approval"

hey clint, what are the rule around air bagging a car? 

I heard you need to run two air compressors?

does the car need to be able to be at its lowest setting and still be drivable? (eg not foul on guard/tire/chassis)

Cheers.

hey clint, what are the rule around air bagging a car? 

I heard you need to run two air compressors?

does the car need to be able to be at its lowest setting and still be drivable? (eg not foul on guard/tire/chassis)

Cheers.

Have been through cert with airbags recently. Don't think there is anything in the rules about compressors - I only run one (engine driven). In fact I don't think you need to have a compressor at all as the rules provide for using a high pressure supply (e.g. dive bottle) to the air bag tank. You need to have an external fill valve on the tank as well.

Mine is just driveable when aired out, but can't turn at full lock.

Book says "Must have adequate clearance between the wheels and tyres and suspension or bodywork at any stage of suspension travel"

Certed by Andy Smith in Levin.

The airbag section of the HCTM is online

http://lvvta.org.nz/documents/suplementary_information/HCTM_SAMPLE_Chapter-6_Suspension%20Systems_airbag-hydraulics.pdf

• Like 2

To pass a wof without a cert

A replacement steering wheel must be a direct substitute without shaft modification, and

a non-OE item of a reputable brand or an OE item from another vehicle.

See table 9-1-1 https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/steering-and-suspension/steering-and-suspension-systems

• Like 1

A mate of mine made a stiff chain steering wheel for his old HQ. It used to pass wofs.

Wof guy said NaN at first, then said, looks decent, and the center part can flex to reduce face smashage in event of crash. It looked cool, but was likely unlegit as fuck.

• Like 1