Roman

Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

22 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

I thought all fuel tanks have a drain bung in the bottom or do new cars not?

Many cars don't.

Its a rort by the fuel tank industry to artificially increase the demand for new fuel tanks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 00quattro00 said:

Have you been to a pick a part and seen the monkeys pulling parts off?

No, but I can well imagine people smashing all the things around the thing they want because they don't have the right tools / sufficient intelligence to remove it sensibly in case someone else wants the other stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, igor said:

Why? Apart from to be complete cunts.

a lot of modern tanks don't have a drain bung and need to be puncture to recover fuel for the forklift

How else will I know how thick the metal is in a steering wheel? Or what diameter the shaft is on an alternator, I dont care that it made the alternator unusable. They'll just replace the car with another soon enough

car wreckers in onehunga seem to catch fire once a year piercing fuel tanks

3 hours ago, igor said:

Why? Apart from to be complete cunts.

Because alot of cars don't have drain bungs, it's the easiest way to make a car safe to store. 

3 hours ago, igor said:

People should be less stupid.

Do us a favor and hit alt+f4

• Like 2

I got rid of a completely fucked KE30 once. Before the scrap guy came I filled up the fuel tank with lots of waste oil to get rid of it. (I'd already rolled into it's roof and scavenged all the actual petrol that was in it)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RUNAMUCK said:

I got rid of a completely fucked KE30 once. Before the scrap guy came I filled up the fuel tank with lots of waste oil to get rid of it. (I'd already rolled into it's roof and scavenged all the actual petrol that was in it)

reminds me of a cobber who had his MK4 Cortny seized for multiple DIC/unlicensed driving............ filled the tank with sugar for the new owner. rumour had it , with the old fuel it would diesel, unsure how true, didn't care

I filled every possable orifice with old paint on my vhaxall when it went to the scrap,

most wreckers now soak the old fluids into the seats befor they go off to be incinerated 

Well I bought that BBQ of a Corolla. Hopefully it passes LPG inspection next week.

How does one get a fuel gauge to work with LPG? Or is a pressure gauge a better option?

Also who does the LPG certs in Christchurch at the moment?

/ Looks like the car was converted to LPG on day one of its life. Runs super well. Needs new back shocks in the very near future, but it might just get through a WoF.

5 hours ago, ajg193 said:

Yeah

Does it have a bad back story?

no, it belonged to @Horse25 he kindly lent it to some of us at nats when another vehicle had issues. he mentioned it was for sale. and quite cheap.

I was mildly tempted myself but didn't need another car

quite possibly the most economical vehicle in the universe

• Like 3