Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

1 minute ago, ajg193 said:

They have RUC though, which are a minimum of $6.20 per 100 km. You'd need to be using like 3.5 L/100 km or less to come out ahead

the speedos in older cars can be pretty worn out and not keep up with the actual wheel speed....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I know its a shitty pic, but would anyone have a clue what the bellhousing on my spare LT77 gearbox is? Looks to have an adaptor plate and no obvious markings. The biggest give away for me would be the hole in the top, and the two studs which i presume are for the slave cylinder. Its not RV8 or 2600/2300. My google-foo isnt working on this one.

DSC01472.jpg

2.3? If so I'm pretty sure it's a M62, about 1000cc/rev. But then maybe not. I have a m45 off a mini that I was tempted to put on something silly.

They have some coating on the rotors which don't like drawthrough carby setups, but they are lots more efficient than the Toyota two lobe jobbers. I think ya can spin them up to about 14k if ya want to.

• Like 1

The Eaton chargers have helical.rotors so they don't pulse as much. It was my understanding that the size is their displacement in cubic inches.  They're more efficient too or something. 

I've got an Eaton m62  which was factory fitted to a 3.3ltr. 

If it's a m45, drive it at 2:1. Your motors swept volume per Rev is 1000. Spinning 2:1 (assuming 45 cubic inches swept volume on the pump) you'd see 1500cc per Rev.  So you'd be jamming half as much air again in as the motor can breathe at atmospheric pressure.  Which shouldn't be crazy psi. Other factors include how efficient  (or how worn the coating on the blower rotors are/ it might not achieve its original rated displacement) and the VE of your engine. That is the intake tract restriction. Say  2zz when it's tec'n (or whatever Toyota call it)  will allow the incoming air into the cylinders much free-er than some other asthmatic engine with tiny ports/little valves/restrictive intake design. Same goes for the camshaft profile. A bigger cam (monster cams for everyone!)  Also helps allow more of that charge get into the cylinder too. It's not just jamming more air into a smaller space, but it's getting it into that space too. 

Due to the zero lag with a blower monster port size/very free breathing heads aren't so shot as on an NA motor. Because instead of relying on the motors suck to draw in the charge (14.7psi at.sea level)  the blower is forcing it in. So the low port velocity often yielded by high rpm compatible/big cam engines is quickly.overcome. 

Soz if.I'm. Repeating myself.

What flavor of 2ltr you gonna make.awesome?