Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL YOU THOUGHT WRONG DIDN'T YOU

/ Some are IRS some are live, depending on exact model.

What engine's in it? I think but not certain since NZ did weird things,  that a 5M would have a F diff, whereas an R or whatever smaller engines they ran would be E. But then maybe the big engines has the F irs and small engines had E live. Since I don't actually know I'll just stop talking now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Carsnz123 said:

I thought they went to irs with the 60 series. as far as I'm aware the only IRS f series diff was in the altezza and it's not called an f series. 

And the MX73, the MA61, the MZ10, some S chassis, T chassis, pretty sure some X80 variants, and probably plenty others. F series IRS was in heaps and heaps of cars.

I see what I did there. 

Um to answer that question, maybe.  Had a guy come check out my crown to buy, because his other car is a town ace van that has shat the diff. 

I said I would put the word out for a diff. And later realized the one in the work cressida is probably what he needs. But Im not going to tell him that until I know if he is buying my crown first or not lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Toyota barrys /

@OldNathan

Can someone tell me whether a Toyota rx30 has fuel tank behind the seat? Or under the floor? 

I can't access my rx30 very well at the moment but am trying to decide if I should pull the fuel tank from the rx60 im wrecking. 

Thanks if anyone can shed some light on my situation. 

Cheers. 

Oh and the heater core too I guess

Thanks for the sharn cletus. Was it supposed to have the 20psi cap or the 7?

Im not planning on fitting a high pressure cap with Neons and bright red lever for drift points, it's just 20psi is the standard dingo holden wrecks and boiling diesels cap. 

The radiator does seem if fair to good nick, heater idk-isnt blocked and doesn't leak at this stage. 

Might blow the hoses if they are old, but that's no reason not to

11 hours ago, Mof said:

Does it currently get hot/poke coolant out of the overflow? 

Doesn't lose any, apart from a split in a hose which I have just replaced (have gone and got a whole set cos they will all do it I bet) 

Internet commodore owners say a VP should at its hottest in traffic get to half way on the gauge. Internet VR owners say cruising temp should be 3/4 on the gauge. 

Mine sitts at just over half cruising and gets just above 3/4 when hottest day in nz in Auckland traffic. The overflow bottle obviously fills when it's hot, but never expunges any. It doesn't boil obviously. 

I have bought an infrared thermometer to check the top tank after a run to gauge actual temp

@Get it done

Standard vp commodore cap is 20PSI, the only parts not commodore are the radiator and heater core, and some steel heater pipes. 

So it should be a 20psi system as that's what the engine expects right?  I figure radiators don't come pressure rated