• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok cool, doesn't really make much difference, just so I can picture it 

21 hours ago, Transom said:

Silly clutch questions 

Release bearing should just against pressure plate at rest (clutch out ) ? Yes. Hydraulic clutches are like that. The minor flex/movement of the spinning flywheel and pressure plate will move it away as much as it needs to be. There's no load on it.

how far should the pushrods be into the slave cylinder ? with a new clutch disk the slave piston will be at the back of the cylinder. The more it wears, the more it moves out of the cylinder. The clutch should be worn out as, or before the piston reaches the opening of the cylinder.   

Push cylinder  Mazda rx/mx/5/6  bits have a few lengths of pushrods here or can it be adjusted by shimming the ball. you need to get the release bearing back up the nosecone before looking at that

Also ..... should the release bearing be almost at the end of the gearbox input snout it slides on (will slide partly off when clutch is pushed ...) ? No. As the clutch wears it will move further out the nosecone. So in your case it will fall off.

Thanks never done a Frankenclutch before ...

37 minutes ago, Mof said:

^Edited because I fucked up, its right now. 

All good ... you are pointing me in the right direction

this is with the pushrod pulled right back in slave 

pressure plate contact is about 5mm forward from that with a worn driven plate - have new to go in 

so should be ok on snout length at full wear 

Workshop manual clutch adjustment instructions were no help cos motor swap and adapter plate/ different bellhousing / nothing standard

at least I can now bolt all the new clutch in and throw it back in the car for a bleed and a look thru the starter hole while someone pushes pedal 

thanks for input 

IMG_0560.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Having trouble finding a freezer alarm, something that screams when the power is off and if the temp rises above a certain point for the chest freezer in the shed, anyone have an idea? i'm sure I could make something, but surely this already exists? Aliexpress maybe?

1 hour ago, tortron said:

Theres about 1000 if yoi go to aliexpress and search freezer alarm

They are quite loud, i see you can get ones with wireless bits for remote alarms

Yeah i've found plenty of little ones that monitor temp, but they don't address the power or have I missed them? a few weeks back while sorting gear I somehow knocked the power out in the shed, took over a week to notice, added to that, by the time the temp would have dropped, I would have been long out of town. Another alternative i've looked at, but not keen on is hardwiring the freezer to its own fuse. 

On 4/3/2018 at 06:13, AllTorque said:

You don’t want the release bearing touching the pressure plate when disengage. It will wear the bearing out fast if it is always spinning. 

This + and also when your setting it up when you push it in, don't "accidentally" push it more than a little bit further than fully releasing or you will bend the little fingerinos 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1