Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Seedy Al said:

Also, A+++++ for citric acid

cost me a total of 2 dollars besides the 6 dollar tub I bought which i now can use for all sorts

Once machined this will be blinging

IMG_5924.JPG

IMG_5925.JPG

Yup use citric acid from supermarket  for cooling system flush cos all the branded rad flush s have... active ingredient -citric acid ...

• Like 1

Looking for some help with a shop press. 

It's a 55 ton American built Carolina press. 

Two stage Manual pump. 

I had been able to pressurise the system and lower the ram,.but unable to release the pressure. 

Yesterday I drained the fluid and released the pressure( covering my self in hydrologic fluid in the processes. Fluid was full of water as it had been stored outside, and a petcock was missing off the top. 

Has any one ever rebuilt the pump unit on a big press? 

I'm hoping it's just o-rings and a good clean?  

1 hour ago, Mr Vapour said:

Looking for some help with a shop press. 

It's a 55 ton American built Carolina press. 

Two stage Manual pump. 

I had been able to pressurise the system and lower the ram,.but unable to release the pressure. 

Yesterday I drained the fluid and released the pressure( covering my self in hydrologic fluid in the processes. Fluid was full of water as it had been stored outside, and a petcock was missing off the top. 

Has any one ever rebuilt the pump unit on a big press? 

I'm hoping it's just o-rings and a good clean?  

The valve to release the pressure is a needle valve of some kind im guessing, I would check there first. And some internal or external springs return the ram to home position? they are all good? Could be that valve is releasing but nothing is actually pushing/pulling the ram home

6 hours ago, peteretep said:

The valve to release the pressure is a needle valve of some kind im guessing, I would check there first. And some internal or external springs return the ram to home position? they are all good? Could be that valve is releasing but nothing is actually pushing/pulling the ram home

Yeah springs are all good.

The front had clear instructions stating not to turn the release more than once or it will disable the press. Some one had already played b4 I got it so was prob already in disabled mode? Needle also has damaged o-ring 

Hmm, I think to re-enable it, you would just turn it back in? Or remove the whole needle and oil would leak out everywhere. It sounds worthwhile investigating that disable function though. Possibly an o-ring/débris has become stuck somewhere. Hydraulics are pretty powerful though so would have to be stuck in there pretty good. When you say it’s stuck. Do you mean it is absolutely stuck, or maybe it retracts really slowly? 

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells fuel injector seal sets? Haven't had any luck on google except for one place in Aussie. The seals I need are for the RB30ET injectors. Could possibly match them at DSL etc but would rather just purchase a set if possible.

Edit: Already spoken to Appco/BNT who don't have listings.

19 minutes ago, chasinthemirage said:

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells fuel injector seal sets? Haven't had any luck on google except for one place in Aussie. The seals I need are for the RB30ET injectors. Could possibly match them at DSL etc but would rather just purchase a set if possible.

Edit: Already spoken to Appco/BNT who don't have listings.

o-rings?

http://www.nzefi.com/product/fuel-injector-service-kit-nissan-r32-rb20det-rb25de-rb26dett/

Or these guys. http://www.cdlautoparts.co.nz/media/product_range/cedele/EFI Injector Components Catalogue - April 2012.pdf

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adoom said:

I have a feeling that there's something different with the 20/25 injectors but I'll have to double check. The cdl catalogue looks promising though.

11 minutes ago, AllTorque said:

Have you checked Nissan?

No I haven't bothered with Nissan, figured it'd be too old for them to have anything available anymore.