Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laser ignition improves efficiency.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/02/princeton-optronics-laser-ignition-boost-ices-efficiency-27/#more-1008890

I wonder what engine was igniting 27% badly.

Would be keen to get used laser ignition systems from car wrecks and fit them to oldschool cars for something to try, but what happens if they are using focused fiber and oil fouling happens?  Guess single beams could fouling off but a single beam becoming unfocused sounds like a way to melt holes in pistons.

So people putting bike crabs on 2L all seem to use R1 or similar 40mm spec. All fine and dandy for a 4 cyl but for a 6cyl will they be too large? Go for something 38mm or just roll 6 R1 carbs and jet to suit

I duno what im on about tbh

Just think, If you could run the 6 cyl on 40 or 45 DCOEs then R1 carbs will be rad.

Will give top end dorts.

Though if you are running 40's then you could havs as small as 32mm chokes.

Are R1 carbs actually 40mm? or are they choked down?

I duno anything about bike carbs except sweet dorts.

Will go to the bike wreckers sometime and see what they have. Getting 6 of them to link up might be an issue or find 2 sets off a big 3cyl and use that type of setup

Gotta see if my idea for the ignition related part of the puzzle will work first though

So people putting bike crabs on 2L all seem to use R1 or similar 40mm spec. All fine and dandy for a 4 cyl but for a 6cyl will they be too large? Go for something 38mm or just roll 6 R1 carbs and jet to suit

I duno what im on about tbh

Surely the answer here is 1J (or 2J)