Captain Cletus's leaky vessel

cletus

I like boats.

I dislike cabin boats.

OUt boards go fucking awesome. But they cost heaps, and require more maintenance than a supercharged engine with cast pistons.

car motors should be lots easier.

I'd ditch the ovlov donk. And slam in something less weird.

Better yet, dollar reserve it, and spend the proceeds on a valiant. I see this vessel being an endless source of cost and misery. Not to mention the huge opportunity cost as time spend fucking with it is not time spend building tumeke bei turbo valiants.

Abandon ship!

• Like 4

I like boats.

I dislike cabin boats.

OUt boards go fucking awesome. But they cost heaps, and require more maintenance than a supercharged engine with cast pistons.

car motors should be lots easier.

I'd ditch the ovlov donk. And slam in something less weird.

Better yet, dollar reserve it, and spend the proceeds on a valiant. I see this vessel being an endless source of cost and misery. Not to mention the huge opportunity cost as time spend fucking with it is not time spend building tumeke bei turbo valiants.

Abandon ship!

Strongly disagree.

The best part about boats is not the hooning (though that's good too), it's when you get somewhere awesome (back of Waiheke or Barrier), drop the anchor, drop a line and lift a beer.

Then the next best part is waking up in that place on a breathless morning with the bay looking like a piece of glass and birds singing, doing morning bombs and frying up the previous day's catch for breakfast. 

I miss my boat :(

• Like 2

I like being dragged around behind  boat. (on a wakeboard) The old boys 225 jono can pull me out of the water in a heartbeat. I like to get OTP after I've been boating.

see a cabin boat on a nice day, erryone is at the back to enjoy the weather, and it sits with the nose way up in the air. (they ride like shit like that too)

bow riders are where it's at.

cletus if you got given a free super-rotten car of a type you're not particularly passionate about, and haven't worked on before, that has to be a trailer pony, and could be used about as much as a track car, and has to live outside, and can sink with your investment/family onboard, what would you do with it?

• Like 4

I thought it wasnt a boat

its a yacht

Whatever it was, it floated my

vessel.

Oooh!

I just remembered!

I have a fuck off pair of megaphone headers from a jet boat which fit a SBM. (They'd be loud as all hell)

Decision made I reckon. four into one. (One huge pipe)

Slam in a stock 'teen, with blowthrough LPG rocking two aliexpress t3/t4's. And run a water to air cooler with sea water. So the charge is always stone cold.

• Like 5