VG's 4AGTE (getoutofitcunt) KP86.

Vintage Grumble

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are loads of injectors that'll fit in the hole. FC rx7 seems to be a prelate choice. Try to find the right impedance to avoid needing ballast resistors.

John CXGPWR ran a high comp turbo setup on his Smallport and it went really well using a late model TD04.

• Like 1

i would look for newer technoligy injectors such as some evo 5 onwards 560cc units that have a split nozzle to suit the 16 valve divided inlet in the head, (rather than the rx7 injectors mentioned above) 

And something twinscroll for the turbo to help it spoooooooolll. 

Personally for turbo choice a TD05HR 15GK2  from an automagic evo 7(GTA) I believe could well be a good option for spool and top end power when matched with a nicely made split pulse manifold.. Yse the factory internal gate to keep plumbing easy, and if more flow was required down the track bigger compressor wheels are plentiful these days..

VF23/24 would be my pick for best value for money turbo because nobody wants them.  Not quite as flowy as a TD05 but would snap on like a motherfucker higher in the rev range and is good for 200kw.  Or just a TD04....

For injectors I recommend a bucket attached to some string strategically balanced over the intake.

caldina injectors are sweet,  540cc from memory,  high resistance.  same plugs as smallport loom. newer design,  only deal is they are slightly different length than stock 4age. but easy fix.

or  evo 510/560   balast restors are only 5 bucks each

Cant decide if I buy one of them manifolds, or make one. Not sure who's worse at fab work, me or a 9 year old chinese girl.

caldina injectors are sweet,  540cc from memory,  high resistance.  same plugs as smallport loom. newer design,  only deal is they are slightly different length than stock 4age. but easy fix.

or  evo 510/560   balast restors are only 5 bucks each

So do you just space the rail up a bit and the caldina ones will fit? What turbo do you run on your AE BTW?