VG's 4AGTE (getoutofitcunt) KP86.

Vintage Grumble

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

genuine MHI or China copy eBay turbo? be careful as some of they ebay turbos don't run Mitsubishi insides.

The TD05H-16G ('big 16G', same as Evo2/3) was the factory turbo on my VR-4 and on a 2.0L engine the boost doesn't really start picking up until 3200-3500rpms so I imagine the TD05H turbine is a little too big for a 1600cc unless you are planning on running 20psi+. I subsequently upgraded to a 20G compressor and matched cover and the lag increase was barely noticeable despite having the turbine wheel clipped 7deg to accommodate the increased flow. 

TD04HL is ideal on something 1300-1800cc, when factory fitted to the 2.0L in the RVR it spools quite early around 2000-2500rpms but will start to taper off around 5000-5500rpms.

doesn't hurt to go a liitle bigger on 4age.  since have at least till 8000rpm. so will still have a good powerband, even if it doesnt come on till 4k or so.  smaller turbo will be easier to drive, but also more boring.

Boy I have a deal for you

Gt28bb s14 turbo

Brought it maybe 2 years ago, topmount needed the exhaust housing rotated but the fucker be seized on like a hooker sucking a tennis ball through a garden hose, so got the shits with it and lost the nuts and washers that hold the housing on.

Should really dollar reserve it but if its now rooted dont wanna deal with that shit........

Yours for the sum of a awesome deal on those konig's or some Steinikens I guess

From my quick bit of innernets research, it sounds like GT28BB's go quite well on 4ages, so may aswell give it a hoon. I need my konigs (are going to be my track rims) so if we can come to some sort of liquid payment arrangement, that would be awesome.

Apart from no nuts, is the churbro in good nick otherwise?

Chur cuz, chur.

Everything would appear as it should be , however that doesnt mean its all good and is a ball bearing option so no rebuild-able /worth rebuilding, problem is where do you go if you want a little bit more flow for your 7agte.................................................

If had to pick a a turbo around your budget id start with a td05 of some variant as they are easily upgradable to the later model ones later on. An journal bearing i reckon is a far better option in terms of repair should something go pair shaped, people dis-guard them in favor for newer units so shouldn't be to badly priced.

Pulsar Gtir t28 maybe journal bearing i think

Up to you otherwise might have to put it up condition unknown for $1 as i wouldnt commit to the condition based on what some unknown character else has said previously in this day and age.