VG's 4AGTE (getoutofitcunt) KP86.

Vintage Grumble

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just turbo the smallport man!   no need for  for  ze pistons if its a good engine.   unless you want to get a little silly with the boost or need to rebuild.  The old high compression smallport in my trueno  with 10psi boost. was way quicker than my starlet.   so same engine in a starlet would be pretty ruthless. 

spend the money on a nice turbo setup, well built manifold. 3" exhaust etc...

• Like 3

You'd want to convert to disc rear end if you do go hilux and there's nothing wrong with a locker. The T series will last for ages provided you don't launch/dump the clutch like a maniac.

So Keltik isn't allowed to drive it.

I have a spare J160 and a broken one for experimentation and modification. The niteparts adapter needs the be milled down to work with a 4AGE. PM me.

Remember not to overcomplicate this build of you want it done in less than 7 years...

• Like 3

launch/dump the clutch like a maniac.

^ this is how you drive a kp starlet.

rn25 is what you want if going hilux,  1360mm  vs kp 1345mm, bit of a rarity and the axles look horrible haha.  you can shorten pretty much any hilux around 15mm a side with an axle trim.  locker or irs aftermarket 2 way.  hilux lsd's are worse than open diffs.

• Like 1