steelies' box house

Steelies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea, will ask the joinery dudes tomorrow and report back on gas cost/sealing stz/penis sizes etc

I'm not a QS but you shouldn't be insulting Mike's profession - those in glasshouses and all ;)

Anywho - trying to be helpful to Manu, so he doesnt have a panic and think he needs double glazing.

Still keen to know what awning roof is made from, clear or shaded?

wut. Shit me, always thought you were. Project manager of some sort? Or frame dweeb, or am I thinking of ryanfels there?

Shit son, those building industry ID problems

Cam is onto it I think re diffusion proofing, keeping the gas in there long term is a mission - from what I have seen its never really taken off here. Cost to put frame and glass in is enough let alone building something more complex and custom for each window. Even double glazing is doubling the amount of glass (funnily enough) you stick in so adds to the bottom line, coupled with typically tight budgets it gets value engineered out.

You are thinking of Ironfels, I am a Mechanical Engineer, work in building services, hence dealing with thermal envelope issues.

Cam is onto it I think re diffusion proofing, keeping the gas in there long term is a mission - from what I have seen its never really taken off here. Cost to put frame and glass in is enough let alone building something more complex and custom for each window. Even double glazing is doubling the amount of glass (funnily enough) you stick in so adds to the bottom line, coupled with typically tight budgets it gets value engineered out.

You are thinking of Ironfels, I am a Mechanical Engineer, work in building services, hence dealing with thermal envelope issues.

I use cheap plain white lick & stick envelopes and have NEVER experienced these thermal issues

• Like 3

similar:

koach_color_02.jpg

And the materials palette most importantly:

• The Koach was made from 3 Model T bodies and is 18 feet long.
  • The 133" frame was made by hand.
  • It has a four speed manual transmission and a power rear end.
  • The brass radiator and fenders were hand formed.
  • In 1964, the cost to build the first one was $18,000.00.
  • It had "blood red" velvet interior.
  • It took 500 hours to hand form the ornate rolled steel scrollwork.
  • It had Gloss Black Pearl paint.
  • The front end had a dropped axle, split radius rods and T springs.