Seedy Al's Bay Window Bus

Beaver

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would ditch the rack, it's not at all authentic. when I was a lad my neighbours had one of these, theirs was an ex dutch postal service bay (a lefty) that had been converted for camping duties in the UK, and they toured Europe in the mid-70's in it before bringing it into enzed. they're very cool wagons - but then you knew that.

why'd the previous owner sell - sounds like she went to a lot of trouble to get it here...

looking forward to seeing this on the road.

nice van bro, I nearly bought a 78 bay window twin cab ute when I was in the UK, turned out to be full of rust and i drove 300 miles to look at it, cunt.. have a handme down 78 bay window camper at the moment but the engines shit itself, used 4l of oil going to kaikoura and back and left most of that on the back..

the nose cones are different between Kombi and beetle with the Kombi having a 2 inch lower input for the gear selector, which is handy for raising boxes (in beetles). Also split Kombi's had reduction boxes on the end of their axles adding 3 or 4 inches ride height.

if you're serious about an engine lift I wonder if type3 cooling tin would fit?

08-steampunk-car-type-iii-motor.jpg