Seedy Al's Bay Window Bus

Beaver

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hah, sure you do brad. I ended up getting the other one I needed from jville.

I can only say good things about them, seeing as I called from home, said I worked for such a such company, do you have this item yes, please charge it out and I will collect.

perfect. I could be anyone from anywhere calling up charging to a company.

• Like 1

I took this to work and gave it a WOF today. It certainly got a lot of looks around the mean streets of Porirua.

The young fullas (and a couple of old boys) at work were pining hard, then I flicked switches for the bitches and their heads exploded.

Oh, and my neighbour asked if the owner was going to do it up. IT IS DONE UP!

• Like 3

Hah yeah get that all the time roger. People being all like. Oh I like your vw. Dont see many round. When you going to paint it. And I be like. I like it how it is thank you. Feel free to buy your own and paint that.

Suprisingly the vw chap that stalked me home on subday who has a very shiny big dollar split window totally appreciated the ratty slammed look. This made me happy. Ciz am actually getting over people asking when im getting it painted.

• Like 2

hah, sure you do brad. I ended up getting the other one I needed from jville.

I can only say good things about them, seeing as I called from home, said I worked for such a such company, do you have this item yes, please charge it out and I will collect.

perfect. I could be anyone from anywhere calling up charging to a company.

Only because they couldn't see you, had you asked in person they probably would have called the cops :lol:

• Like 1

have you fitted an oil temp or cylinder head temp gauge to this?Ā 

VW foamer guy at work with a few kombis reckons you need all the engine cowlings fitted that kinda 'seal' the engine bay from the outsdie world to make sure they keep themselves cool. i.e, if you can readily see the road through the engine bay then you're missing heaps.Ā 

heavy little mobiles for the engines to chop along so i can kinda sympathise with them!Ā 

• Like 1

Cool bus mate.

Just read the whole thread, sounds like you've had a bit of a rough ride with it.

They can be a bit temperamental to say the least if not looked after properly (P.O's not you).

When I bought my beetle I was told to always be sure to have spare plugs, points, condensor, rotor, cap, etc with me all the time.

I suppose by now you've figured all that shit out. Hopefully you've also figured out why people like them so much :)

You could always just take a spare engine with you next time...

Check out these fellas :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gKF6dcKjLJo

Oh, and if you want to change your generator belt, don't even worry about turning your engine off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BQhfcdQf1QA

Hey man any luck with your pressure switch?

I had to find one a while back for a 5th wheel trailer on bags

The only one i found that switched at correct pressure (80/90-110 psi) was from ARB for diff locks, Peter Munro in chch. But other 4wd places should be able to get them.

Cool van mate

• 2 weeks later...