• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

344 Excellent

About f100_dreamin

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  • Birthday 14/03/83

Profile Information

  • Gender


  • Local Area
  1. @flyingbrick to be honest there is nothing wrong with a leaf sprung Land Rover chassis, with some metal and time this chassis is repairable, all the major sections can be bought from the UK cheap enough (then doubled for shipping haha) http://www.paddockspares.com/da2008n-front-chassis-repair-leg-lh.html http://www.paddockspares.com/da2008o-front-chassis-repair-leg-rh.html http://www.paddockspares.com/da2014-front-bulkhead-outrigger.html plus they do bulkhead sections. And I have family in the uk that I could have them sent to, who can on forward them to me if they wanted to charge ridiculous shipping. Yeah complete new chassis are available for around 2000pounds, I suspect shipping would make them uneconomical however
  2. Neither Tom or myself work at Holden anymore. But if we go V8 then yeah it will be an LS as I would like to loose a bit of weight over the front axle to help the airbags as they can struggle if the air tank isn't over 3/4 full.
  3. And also to make the Valiant motor fit they have moved the radiator support panel forward And so to make the bonnet work they have extended it, this will be rectified, the rear crossmember has been replaced with a home made jobbie, its not the worst attempt ive ever seen, however I think that it will need a bit of remedial work, I found this on trademe, will be horribly noisy, and underpowered, use all of the petrols and yet its kinda tempting....(until you look at the price) http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1371881643
  4. Here's a few pictures to show how much rust you can buy for $325, on the plus side it seems to have parabolic springs in it already,
  5. Was definitely a great way to spend the day that's for sure!
  6. Cheers @Seedy Al (to be fair if it wasn't for you checking it out for me I probably wouldn't have bought it) I absolutely love walking into the garage and seeing this thing, the wires really do set it off in person too!
  7. Well @Shakotom and I Made the trip to Opotoki to collect this beast, was a great day for it, the weather was good, traffic was light, Got it all loaded up, was something of a mission as it didnt want roll too well SO it turns out that I bought a 109" not an 88", we had a chuckle over this, in hind site looking at the pictures its obvious that it is actually a 109 haha, Had a good trip back, the Work Hilux towed well, Stopped in to see @johnnyfive, had some yarns, then carried on home, Got it all unloaded and stored down the side of the garage, All in all a good way to spend a Sunday, Chassis needs a reasonable amount of work, but seems repairable, Bulkhead also needs work, Engine is apparently locked up but has had diesel left in the bores, so will see if i can get it to turn over and get it running, there is no brakes, and apparently the clutch is buggered, Overall Im stoked with it, but have fair bit of work ahead, Cheers again to @Shakotom for keeping me Company,
  8. Well I still havent taken this off the road as we have been taking it out at every chance we can, also we still havent decided what we are going to do engine wise, a V8 is still at the forefront of the plan, but we have been toying with the idea of new manifold, dual carbs, and a split exhaust manifold, decisions decisions! We have put some new shoes on the old girl though,
  9. hmmm V8 you say........ tempting.
  10. Exactly, to be fair it was a cheeky bid, I wasn't actually expecting to win haha
  11. Haha that would be perfect however more unapproved spending will have me divorced. Will bide my time for now
  12. Better that a 1KZ is a big call, And I work at a Toyota dealership so is a fairly logical way to go for me. That being said if a cheap enough 200tdi disco fell my way then obviously it would be a no brainer
  13. @tortron haha how long ago was that @k-trips am thinking of a 4 cylinder diesel, 1kzt or similar. I want to run the original box and transfer etc and also keeping the rad panel where it is, so putting something like a TD42 will kill boxes and don't think it will fit without moving the rad panel
  14. Cool thanks for that @Threeonthetree, will probably get it running in the interim as trying to push this thing around doesn't seem appealing haha
  15. Yeah I've previously owned a 63 IIa, many moons ago when I first joined the Airforce. So am fully aware of the life of series Land Rover ownership haha (I'm also an Englishman myself, from Yorkshire,) yeah a 90/110 would be a great way to go, except that mid 1980's models are still fetching around 20k, plus easier isn't always as fun. The older I get the more I'm realising that I get just as much enjoyment out of building the cars in the first place. Hell if the chassis is beyond repair maybe I will build a 100" series Land Rover. The world is my oyster hahaha! (This is less likely due to aluminium body haha)