Hemi's fuel converting machine

Hemi

cheers for all the copmments guys , keeps me motivated! .

Today i had work in the morning so after that i decided to have a go at making the flange for the turbo , lucky for me there was some substantial steel in the scrap heap that i could use , so i cut it out drilled , grinded to shape then used a hoesaw to make the hole in the middle . its a bit rough and two of the hole have been made for 'bonus tolorence' :lol:

heres some pics :

2012-05-12_12-09-29_765.jpg

2012-05-12_12-52-11_586.jpg

i then welded it to the reducer

2012-05-12_13-51-51_502.jpg

2012-05-12_13-52-24_840.jpg

and then TADA!! the turbo mounted ! neat aye! bet you can guess what comes next eh? ....

2012-05-12_13-53-41_291.jpg

yes thats right a video with the turbo running! im soo stoked i got this far i was oiling the turbo manually for the time being but im going to make a pump because the sound of it is incredible and im pretty sure a squirt of oil every now and then is just not going to cut it.

here is a vid were i was preoccupied checking leak and did not notice the flame coming out the turbine it lost alot of heat between me turning it downa and getting the camera it was literally a bright orange :|.

another video this one is more for lols. when the fuel pressure is reduced too low you get a sort of surging chuffing out the intake . this turned into an outright backfire while i had the camera running . just watch till it goes black nothing interesting happens after i dont think .

IvjDxcbpU40

K-ABDnIj4KQ

muqsQzPhWpo

and just another fun one with no turbo and just cranking up the fuel just to give you a better idea of noise , look etc

3mlVKq17K_k

so yeah thats where im at . gonna make a oil pump setup for it next as i reckon that more important as i will stuff the thing real quick if i dont . i also need a turbo with much more flow and this one spool up WAY too quick and im worried ill wreck it .

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll start it with a leaf blower which will spin the turbo. Spinning the turbo will put fresh air in the combustion chamber with lpg. This will burn and the exhaust gasses will go through the exhaust housing causing it to suck even mire air in, more burning, more exhaust gas, more turbo speed and even more fresh air in. It's a never ending loop that provides max awesome :-)

I suspected it was something like that.

Will be an awesome heater, will the gases coming thru the turbo provide enuf thrust to propel something.

I have a diesel patio heater that works a bit like a pulse jet.

I will fire it up and take pictures one day

It should do. Google turbo jet on Google. There's a few sweet things about. Its nice how it has a continuous flame in the chamber unlike a pulse jet. You hoping to actually use it to propel some thing hemi? Thrust or shaft driven?

yea the turbo will provide more then enough airflow to run by itself , i was just being impatient haha .

the turbo on this will provide no where near enough thrust to move anything just makes heaps of noise and heat

turboshaft would be sweet but i dont have a lathe to spin up sweet bearings and fans etc

i don't want to sound like a dick but i reckon that turbo is already fucked.

without constant oil pressure shorely it would have fucked both the shaft bearings and the thrust bearing?

anywhwo, apart from that i heartily endorse this product.

i don't want to sound like a dick but i reckon that turbo is already fucked.

without constant oil pressure shorely it would have fucked both the shaft bearings and the thrust bearing?

anywhwo, apart from that i heartily endorse this product.

Yeah I def wouldnt endorse such things! Its still sweet as a nut atm no thrust an minimal radial.play. Currently dreaming up what to use for an oil pump.

Oh man totally wish I had a much larger turbo but they dont seem to come up unless they are fucked haha

God this is painful on a ph